What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

The more I watch Uconn the more I like Alex Karaban. I doubt he declares this year but he can really shoot the ball.

Kel'el Ware is having a better season this year after being considered a potential lottery pick before last season. He's fit in better at Indiana after leaving Oregon. He plays a bit slow--think Brook Lopez, but his size and skill level are often enough for him to get away with it, at least in the NCAA. He has some legitimate shooting touch that should enable him to be both a rim presence and a vaguely credible floor spacer. There's a chance he could slip to the end of the 1st round.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4UYTmyTEeI

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YptY7jghW90

Kel'el Ware is having a better season this year after being considered a potential lottery pick before last season. He's fit in better at Indiana after leaving Oregon. He plays a bit slow--think Brook Lopez, but his size and skill level are often enough for him to get away with it, at least in the NCAA. He has some legitimate shooting touch that should enable him to be both a rim presence and a vaguely credible floor spacer. There's a chance he could slip to the end of the 1st round.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4UYTmyTEeI

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YptY7jghW90

No thanks

It’s a shame Collier’s FT% is so bad. Does not bode well for his future shooting development. But his ability to get to the basket and finish is great. His percentage of shots at the rim, ability to finish at the rim, and ability to get to the FTr….One player pops up in my head but I don’t dare to envoke his name lol.

It’s a shame Collier’s FT% is so bad. Does not bode well for his future shooting development. But his ability to get to the basket and finish is great. His percentage of shots at the rim, ability to finish at the rim, and ability to get to the FTr….One player pops up in my head but I don’t dare to envoke his name lol.
Thanks

I think the Jazz need Denver like support players and one more guard.

I would trade Kessler for Jonathan Isaac. Look for a high level center, draft wing defenders with some offensive potential and a well rounded guard to replace Clarkson, and let the rookies become starters/rotation and then just let it rip and go fast forward into win every game mode.

I think the Jazz need Denver like support players and one more guard.

I would trade Kessler for Jonathan Isaac. Look for a high level center, draft wing defenders with some offensive potential and a well rounded guard to replace Clarkson, and let the rookies become starters/rotation and then just let it rip and go fast forward into win every game mode.

Kessler has way more value than Isaac. I love the idea of Isaac but the dude can't be trusted to stay healthy. I would probably take him for free but I'm not giving up anything of value for him.

Kessler has way more value than Isaac. I love the idea of Isaac but the dude can't be trusted to stay healthy. I would probably take him for free but I'm not giving up anything of value for him.
I want the balance Isaac would give. Yeah the injuries probably makes it a dumb move. But if healthy I think he is an upgrade skill wise.

Seven guys most likely to go in the top 10: Risacher, Sarr, Topic, Williams, Buzelis, Holland and Dillingham.

Guys most likely available to the Jazz: Knecht, Sheppard, Salaun, Castle, Collier, Filipowski

Last edited:
Riley Minnix plays for the OVC championship today. Would be cool to see Morehead State in the tourney. Minix regularly has some of the best stat lines among the midmajor stars

So I'm watching Furphy and Kevin McCullar really stands out as a pretty solid playmaker with NBA size. Defense looks decent enough too. I wouldn't mind picking him up in the late 1st if he's available. He's the kind of versatile facilitator with IQ that the Jazz need.

Last edited:
So I'm watching Furphy and Kevin McCullar really stands out as a pretty solid playmaker with NBA size. Defense looks decent enough too. I wouldn't mind picking him up in the late 1st if he's available. He's the kind of versatile facilitator with IQ that the Jazz need.
I went pretty far down the Kevin McCullar rabbit hole last week watching a bunch of tape and really liked what I saw. The big question mark has always been the 3pt shot which has improved this year. If he is around for our late 1st then I wouldn't mind giving him a shot. We should be targeting as many bigger wings as we can to hopefully hit on a few.

Kyshawn George is up to 41.5% on his 3PAs, which include off-the-catch, off-the-dribble, and some deep looks. His high release point and compact motion let him get shots up with minimal space. If you look at him as a 3D wing with some secondary creation, he starts to have a clear role off the ball at the NBA level. He just needs physical development, imo.

I'm guessing Sheppard is around 6'1.5" without shoes. His defensive anticipation and quick hands are special. His jumper is money. He's a solid athlete. He's just a bit small. I think he'll be a solid NBA player, but I think he'll likely come off the bench.

Knecht is a legit weapon. I'd draft him at #9. As a college player, he's a three-level scorer like a bigger version of JJ Redick. In the NBA, he's going to need to be able to shoot off of motion more than he's showing at Tennessee. He's not going to be the main guy at the NBA level. That's something some guys struggle with.

Justin Edwards still sucks though his shot is going in now.

Last edited:

I'll say it. You might be thinking of Mudiay.