What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

Kyshawn George is up to 41.5% on his 3PAs, which include off-the-catch, off-the-dribble, and some deep looks. His high release point and compact motion let him get shots up with minimal space. If you look at him as a 3D wing with some secondary creation, he starts to have a clear role off the ball at the NBA level. He just needs physical development, imo.
He average 8 points on a bad Miami team. Needs to go back to school. Not close to NBA level currently.

He average 8 points on a bad Miami team. Needs to go back to school. Not close to NBA level currently.

I think he'll come out. His team sucks, can't create advantages and can't defend. I'm not sure the benefit of staying at Miami if I'm him. He needs to go through the NBA workout process and see where he's slated to get picked. The back half of the 1st round is pretty flat. He needs physical development more than anything else.

Seven guys most likely to go in the top 10: Risacher, Sarr, Topic, Williams, Buzelis, Holland and Dillingham.

Guys most likely available to the Jazz: Knecht, Sheppard, Salaun, Castle, Collier, Filipowski
I don’t think Sheppard will be available. If he is, then he is a no brainer to pick.

Filipowski as a system big has value. His numbers probably won't be gaudy, but his ability to pass, shoot, score around the rim and step out on defensive hedges and switches should make him a valuable system player. I think he's justifiable around the top 10.

If you look at Al Horford as an example, he put up career averages of 12 pts, 8 rebs, and 3 asts and was a valuable starter for teams that made some deep playoff runs. It wouldn't take too much imagination to see Filipowski playing that type of role if he's used intelligently. I think the Jazz ultimately want a switchy big who can play on the perimeter.

We got people thinking we should build around Sexton and Keyonte. I would say you'd have to think about passing on Sheppard if that's the case.
Your point makes a lot of sense, but I think we are bad enough that we just need to draft the best talent regardless of position and fit.

I think he'll come out. His team sucks, can't create advantages and can't defend. I'm not sure the benefit of staying at Miami if I'm him. He needs to go through the NBA workout process and see where he's slated to get picked. The back half of the 1st round is pretty flat. He needs physical development more than anything else.
I'm sure Miami has great NIL money. Laranaga is a great coach. Miami has a great recruiting class coming in. Coming out would be stupid imo. Live in Miami, improve your skills and stock, and make NIL money vs be stuck in some teams g league system.

Ok caught up.

Shep - I think CY said it best when he said that she's draft position is very dependant on if a team views his as a PG or a SG. If he can play PG he is much more valuable then if he is just viewed as a SG. If he is BPA then the Jazz would have to look at trading away Sexton. Too many small guards. I would also draft Dillingham over Shep.

As for Knecht I would draft him over Shep for the Jazz because of perceived value to the team. I think knecht would get rotational minutes right away (shep probably would also but knecht is needed more on the wings). Figuring the jazz trade Clarkson this offseason. Knecht has great size for a SG.

I like George's shooting and he would be a decent pick early second late first. He is very soft.

March madness should be great for some players. It should improve their stock.

I am surprised Cody Williams is sliding. With CO probably not making the tournament might hurt him some more.

Ok caught up.

Shep - I think CY said it best when he said that she's draft position is very dependant on if a team views his as a PG or a SG. If he can play PG he is much more valuable then if he is just viewed as a SG. If he is BPA then the Jazz would have to look at trading away Sexton. Too many small guards. I would also draft Dillingham over Shep.

As for Knecht I would draft him over Shep for the Jazz because of perceived value to the team. I think knecht would get rotational minutes right away (shep probably would also but knecht is needed more on the wings). Figuring the jazz trade Clarkson this offseason. Knecht has great size for a SG.

I like George's shooting and he would be a decent pick early second late first. He is very soft.

I am surprised Cody Williams is sliding. With CO probably not making the tournament might hurt him some more.
Pretty sure CO in the tourney....

Chances are Sheppard is more of a role player, it’s a valid “concern”….but I wouldn’t really bet on anyone being a star in this draft and I’ve often said that we look for the wrong things when judging potential. In order to become a star, he needs to become a higher volume 3 point shooter and level up his playmaking to where it’s elite. That will create some similarish version of Haloburton. Unlikely, but not unreasonable IMO.

Also, @Saint Cy of JFC was early on CMB. He needs more attention.

Ok caught up.

Sheppard can play at the 1 if your team initiates from the wing. I think he's good enough to be a secondary creator, but he needs someone else to draw the defense's attention. For example, he could play on the Celtics because they initiate everything through Tatum and Brown. Or he could play on the Clippers because they initiate through Kawhi and Paul George. The main question may be more related to how he holds his ground defensively against bigger guards.

Last edited: