What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

I like Bub, but he's not a lottery prospect in anyway. Mediocre athlete who can't get downhill and can't finish well.

With a late pick Id consider him

I don't think Kessler and #9 would get #1, no. That package might get #7 or maybe #6 if someone is excited about Kessler.
Last year it definitely wouldn't, but this year it certainly would. Like how it's halfway through March and we still don't have a clear No 1 or even top 3 in this draft.

This is one of these years where anyone can go anywhere. Don't be surprised if we end up with a situation similar to 2013 where a player drafted near the bottom of the lottery/first round end up having a much better career than the guy taken No 1 overall. Teams will look to trade out of the no 1 spot if they feel the guy they want will still be available at no 9.

Cavs wanted to trade out of no 1 in 2013 because they wanted Bennett and felt he would still be there at 8 or 9. But no team wanted to trade up which forced them to take Bennett at 1. We are giving them an easy way out if we offer 9 and Kessler for no 1 this year.

Last year it definitely wouldn't, but this year it certainly would. Like how it's halfway through March and we still don't have a clear No 1 or even top 3 in this draft.

This is one of these years where anyone can go anywhere. Don't be surprised if we end up with a situation similar to 2013 where a player drafted near the bottom of the lottery/first round end up having a much better career than the guy taken No 1 overall. Teams will look to trade out of the no 1 spot if they feel the guy they want will still be available at no 9.

Cavs wanted to trade out of no 1 in 2013 because they wanted Bennett and felt he would still be there at 8 or 9. But no team wanted to trade up which forced them to take Bennett at 1. We are giving them an easy way out if we offer 9 and Kessler for no 1 this year.

No. 9 is too far to drop from #1, and Kessler doesn't make up that difference. Other teams will offer something better.

I decided I’d watch some college basketball and turned on Marquette and UConn… first team to 40 wins

I am really liking what I am seeing from Terrance Shannon Jr. I wouldn't mind trading up to get him. Solid defender and decent shooter. If he bought in to the 3 and D mold he could be a steal later in the 1st.

I wonder if it is his rape charges that is hurting his stock the most?

It sounds like the Hand's kid has a broken leg. He is 7'1"235 lbs and his best game was vs Georgia over 20 points and 17 boards. More importantly he and Taevion Kinsey were college teammates last year.

I am really liking what I am seeing from Terrance Shannon Jr. I wouldn't mind trading up to get him. Solid defender and decent shooter. If he bought in to the 3 and D mold he could be a steal later in the 1st.

I wonder if it is his rape charges that is hurting his stock the most?
You wonder if a pending rape case is hurting his stock?

You wonder if a pending rape case is hurting his stock?
I didn't look closely qt the rape. All I saw was a judge ruled his rights were violated and was allowed to go back to his team. I didn't look at whether the case was resolved or what is happening with it. That was the reason for the question. I didn't know it was still pending.

Y
I didn't look closely qt the rape. All I saw was a judge ruled his rights were violated and was allowed to go back to his team. I didn't look at whether the case was resolved or what is happening with it. That was the reason for the question. I didn't know it was still pending.
Yeah, it's pending. I'm sure Illinois is comfortable playing him because his case won't be resolved until after he graduates.