7. Jakobe Walter
  8. Cody Williams
  9. Reed Sheppard
  10. Rob Dillingham
  11. Stephen Castle
  12. Ron Holland
  13. Johnny Furphy
  14. Matias Buzelis

Maybe I will finish the rest later. Getting past 20 is rough.

Pre Madness Board
  1. Alex Sarr
  2. Dalton Knecht
  3. Isaiah Collier
  4. Zacharie Risacher
  5. Nikola Topic
  6. Kyle Filipowski
  7. Jakobe Walter
  8. Cody Williams
  9. Reed Sheppard
  10. Rob Dillingham
  11. Stephen Castle
  12. Ron Holland
  13. Johnny Furphy
  14. Matias Buzelis

1710895699864.gif

I apologize in advance as I only have a surface knowledge of most of these guys. I expect my list will change significantly as we get closer to the draft, but thought it without be fun to post this now so I can compare.

1. Risachar
2. Sarr
3. Williams
4. Castle
5. Topic
6. Sheppard
7. Dillingham
8. Walter
9. Collier
10. Salaun
11. Buzelis
12. Holland
13. Knecht
14. Carter

Other guys: Mcullar, Da Silva, Kolek, Furphy, Jones, Proctor, Holmes.

My Jazz centric board

1-Sarr
2-Risacher
3-Williams
4-Castle
5-Holland
6-Shep
7-Topic
8-Knecht
9-Buzelis
10-Walter
11-Dillingham
12-Furphy
13-Clingan
14-Collier

Ok, I guess I didn't understand the point of your post saying Brice can play the 3 so maybe the Jazz will draft a 2?
Cuz it makes no sense.

If the Jazz slate Brice to play at the 3, he'd be a backup behind Lauri, who starts there. Hence, there would be an open spot (and potentially even a starting spot) at the 2. That's why Walter and Knecht could get a strong look....and Castle too, I guess.

Last edited:
Is Chomche a guy we could make a promise to that might stop him from working out with other teams or going to the ignite program? With either late pick? Or would his stock be higher than that if he actually declared?

He's the kind of guy who could get up to #15 or so with strong workouts. He's shown flashes of shooting with a small sample size. If he shows that's for real in workouts, then look out. The combination of physical tools, age and shooting could push him up ahead of guys like Missi and Ware, imo.

Also Donovan Dent is probably in my top 20 now. One of the locked in draft guys has been on him for a while and Vecenie wrote about him recently. I watched his highlights and he is an extremely smart passer. The dude is very savvy with how he uses angles.

Last edited:
Also Donovan Dent is probably in my top 20 now. One of the locker in draft guys has been on him for a while and Vecenie wrote about him recently. I watched his highlights and he is an extremely smart passer. The dude is very savvy with how he uses angles.
Hmmm... I've seen him play a couple times against Utah State. I just looked him up and didn't realize he was only a Sophomore, plays like he's a lot older.

Only red flag for me is he's a very low volume 3pt shooter for his height.

Not hugely interesting, but this year's All Americans:

First Team
• Zach Edey, Purdue
• Dalton Knecht, Tennessee
• RJ Davis, North Carolina
• Jamal Shead, Houston
• Tristen Newton, UConn

Second Team
• Tyler Kolek, Marquette
• Mark Sears, Alabama
• DaRon Holmes II, Dayton
• Kyle Filipowski, Duke
• Hunter Dickinson, Kansas

Third Team
• Jaedon LeDee, San Diego State
• Johni Broome, Auburn
• Caleb Love, Arizona
• Bayler Scheierman, Creighton
• Terrence Shannon Jr., Illioinis

Honorable mentions:

Armando Bacot, North Carolina; Keion Brooks Jr., Washington; Boo Buie, Northwestern; Devin Carter, Providence; Donovan Clingan, Connecticut; L.J. Cryer, Houston; Tucker DeVries, Drake; Enrique Freeman, Akron; PJ Hall, Clemson; Graham Ike, Gonzaga; David Jones, Memphis; Ryan Kalkbrenner, Creighton; Tamin Lipsey, Iowa State; Kevin McCullar Jr., Kansas; Great Osobor, Utah State; Antonio Reeves, Kentucky; Reed Sheppard, Kentucky; Braden Smith, Purdue; Cam Spencer, Connecticut; Isaiah Stevens, Colorado State; Vonterius Woolbright, Western Carolina.

This draft is weird. I don't get it. The projected lottery has guys with crappy field goal percentages who barely score 10 points a game and the end of the round has hidden gems like Kel'el Ware - a legit, defensive center who can score and hit threes or Hunter Sallis who can defend on-ball pretty well and is athletic and efficient on offense.

This draft is weird. I don't get it. The projected lottery has guys with crappy field goal percentages who barely score 10 points a game and the end of the round has hidden gems like Kel'el Ware - a legit, defensive center who can score and hit threes or Hunter Sallis who can defend on-ball pretty well and is athletic and efficient on offense.
Ware isn't a hidden gem. How much do you know about him?

Pre Madness Board
  1. Alex Sarr
  2. Dalton Knecht
  3. Isaiah Collier
  4. Zacharie Risacher
  5. Nikola Topic
  6. Kyle Filipowski
  7. Jakobe Walter
  8. Cody Williams
  9. Reed Sheppard
  10. Rob Dillingham
  11. Stephen Castle
  12. Ron Holland
  13. Johnny Furphy
  14. Matias Buzelis

i have basically zero issues with the order that top 14. that's bonkers. i might throw dillingham and sheppard at 7 and 8 and move everybody else down (maybe as high as 5 and 6), but otherwise nothing significant (buzelis over furphy, but i'm not that high on either guy). castle, walter and williams are mostly coin flips for me. williams hasn't done jack **** since January, but was damn good the previous two months. castle has been underwhelming on offense all year, but stellar defensively, and walter has been the most up and down game to game over the course of the season.

also, i wish we could have seen a full season of holland - he might have earned top 5 status if he could have kept playing. as it is, i think 10-12 is about right.

the are both very interesting. 15-25 range, imo, for both.