What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

Cody Williams has potential, but he's a passive player. If he becomes a star, it's going to take time. He's not like his brother.

My upsets today are:

Miss State over Mich State
Moorehead State over Illinois
Colorado State over Texas
NC State over Texas Tech
Drake over Washington State (Drake actually the betting favorite, but are the lower seed)

These are people who watch every game and who care the most about how he affects their team, not just stats.

I'm also talking about people who are paid to follow the team and report on it.

You are free to disagree with them, and maybe you are a super fan who watches every game as well. But to say they are definitely wrong is... something.
You should ask your friends what there expectations were for Ware before the season. I guarantee it wasn't 16 and 10 on crazy efficiency.

You should ask your friends what there expectations were for Ware before the season. I guarantee it wasn't 16 and 10 on crazy efficiency.
Im sure his Indiana fan friends care more about W's than his stat padding in the easy games. Indiana won 0 games against ranked opponents and went 10-10 in conference play. Ware played pretty bad to mediocre in most games against ranked teams.

Cody Williams has potential, but he's a passive player. If he becomes a star, it's going to take time. He's not like his brother.
Or if you compare their freshman stats Jalen was worse against WCC competition.

But you are right Cody is at least 2 years away from high level play.

Or if you compare their freshman stats Jalen was worse against WCC competition.

But you are right Cody is at least 2 years away from high level play.
I'll be pretty surprised if he develops into the player his brother is. They are pretty different. Not saying he can't get good, but he isnt going to be good in the same way his brother is imo.

Also, I really hope Edey is available with our 2nd pick. I think he has a higher chance of translating than most guys his size. Feel like there is some huge upside with him.

Not enough for 10th, but I would start thinking about him after the lottery
Edey will definitely have a long career in the NBA if he can stay healthy. I see a solid rotation player or fringe starter that cannot play more than 2 steps from the basket on either end of the court, but can really dominate inside.

Edey will definitely have a long career in the NBA if he can stay healthy. I see a solid rotation player or fringe starter that cannot play more than 2 steps from the basket on either end of the court, but can really dominate inside.
The fact that he's starting to rack up more multi assist games makes me believe he can be a higher potential guy. If he can pass out of the post he's a dangerous offensive player.

Im sure his Indiana fan friends care more about W's than his stat padding in the easy games. Indiana won 0 games against ranked opponents and went 10-10 in conference play. Ware played pretty bad to mediocre in most games against ranked teams.
He had a few bad games but for the most part he was pretty consistent. Also it's not like he was surrounded by a bunch of talent. Based on talent they definitely didn't underachieve this year. Going 10-10 in the big ten is not bad for a team with almost no shooters. If you are going to criticize Indiana this year then you need to criticize the guard play which was the glaring weakness. Put Ware, Reneau and Mgbako on a team with better guards and you may have something.

Also, what's the vibe on Ryan Dunn now? I know a lot of us where in on him as a late lotto guy, but he shooting never got better. In fact it just got worse and Virginia was an all disappointing Virginia team.

I'd think about him with the 2nd pick, but I doubt he would be a no brainer for me at 26-28.

Also, what's the vibe on Ryan Dunn now? I know a lot of us where in on him as a late lotto guy, but he shooting never got better. In fact it just got worse and Virginia was an all disappointing Virginia team.

I'd think about him with the 2nd pick, but I doubt he would be a no brainer for me at 26-28.
Dunn is the smoking hot crazy chick... we can fix her.

At 28 I take Dunn all day. Put him in the "Chad Forcier Shooting Guru Program for Excellence in Shooting"

Alright, this discussion is getting dumb, and I realize some of it's my fault, but you aren't really understanding, or even trying to understand what I was saying.

- The knock on Ware seems to be that he doesn't always bring it. His effort has been inconsistent. This is the part that I hear from local media and IU fans.
- The disappointed part is what I said. I do personally think that for someone to have those physical gifts and have effort issues is disappointing.

I also haven't watched many of his games, so I'm not an expert on the inconsistency part. I have seen what looks like effort concerns when I've watched him. I do think some of those things get overblown, so maybe it's not a big deal. I saw your big board and saw that you didn't have Ware in your top 18, so we probably aren't too far apart on him. I would be fine with the Jazz taking a flyer on him with a late pick.

What are the chances Ron Holland and Collier circle back to being top 5 picks? I feel like they got too much hate. Even if they're not #1 level prospects, it's not like this draft is loaded at the top.

Holland is the guy I want at #9....we may have to move up to get him. I don't think he's a sure thing, but I think the Jazz are going to struggle to get this kind of athlete.

What are the chances Ron Holland and Collier circle back to being top 5 picks? I feel like they got too much hate. Even if they're not #1 level prospects, it's not like this draft is loaded at the top.

Holland is the guy I want at #9....we may have to move up to get him. I don't think he's a sure thing, but I think the Jazz are going to struggle to get this kind of athlete.

My problem with Holland is that I only watched him twice at the first of the year and he looked so far from a top pick that I kind of wrote him off.

He's one of the guys that when I look a little deeper could rise up my big board.