What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

Pacome Dadiet?

Very young 6'8 wing (won't be 19 on draft day) playing for Ulm with Juan Nunez. Only 15 mpg in a league that's not high level. Seems to have a pretty good frame/athleticism. Noticed a very high 2FG% (68) which indicates good rim finishing as well as a very high 3 point rate. 3FG% is not great (34%), but FT% is not bad at 77%. Not a stocks guy though, which is disappointing. Might not be worth an early second, but maybe if we buy into the draft later we can stash.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My4R_SVIziA

Some quick thoughts:

- Clingan going top-5 would be great for us as it would push someone I like better down to us.

- Knecht in the top-8 isn’t really surprising I think it’s well deserved.

- Holland dropping to 12 is interesting. This is the draft I would love to move up in. A ton of value in the 10-18 range.

- Edey and Filipowski at 14/15 makes sense. I think those guys go around that range.

- Castle at 17 is a little perplexing. I’m not as high on him as others on here but would surprise me some to see him drop that far.

- I like Da Silva so it’s nice seeing him rise to 18. I just think he will have a long career in the league.

- McCain literally shooting himself up draft boards. Up to 19 now!

- Furphy at 28 would be an insanely good pick. I doubt he falls that far but that would be awesome.

- Kolek projected in the late first is cool too. I mentioned yesterday I really like his game.
Castle at 17 is great... go trade up for that pick and take him Williams and Furphy. Call it in.

Furphy will come into the combine with a mustache and adding 15 lbs of muscle and like shoot to the mid first. I would be shocked if he landed end of first.

Some quick thoughts:

- Clingan going top-5 would be great for us as it would push someone I like better down to us.

- Knecht in the top-8 isn’t really surprising I think it’s well deserved.

- Holland dropping to 12 is interesting. This is the draft I would love to move up in. A ton of value in the 10-18 range.

- Edey and Filipowski at 14/15 makes sense. I think those guys go around that range.

- Castle at 17 is a little perplexing. I’m not as high on him as others on here but would surprise me some to see him drop that far.

- I like Da Silva so it’s nice seeing him rise to 18. I just think he will have a long career in the league.

- McCain literally shooting himself up draft boards. Up to 19 now!

- Furphy at 28 would be an insanely good pick. I doubt he falls that far but that would be awesome.

- Kolek projected in the late first is cool too. I mentioned yesterday I really like his game.
i agree with almost everything on here.

Came out of this weekend very intrigued with Tyon Grant-Foster on GCU.

Just looking at his bio, health history, transfers, etc. there may be some baggage to him (don't know anything about it). And he plays out of control (the whole team does). But he is a different kind of athlete and really overwhelmed guys with his speed, length, and aggressive style. Just look at how many FTs GCU shot this weekend - he was the engine behind that.

Came out of this weekend very intrigued with Tyon Grant-Foster on GCU.

Just looking at his bio, health history, transfers, etc. there may be some baggage to him (don't know anything about it). And he plays out of control (the whole team does). But he is a different kind of athlete and really overwhelmed guys with his speed, length, and aggressive style. Just look at how many FTs GCU shot this weekend - he was the engine behind that.
Rafael Barlowe has him as a first-round prospect.

Ron Holland dropping to 12 would be scandalous, imo. I think he's a top 5 or maybe 6 guy in any scenario. He's too young, too athletic, too multi-dimensional and too prototypically sized. He's being over scrutinized. Yeah, he needs more IQ and shooting, but he can be coached. An 18 y.o. shooting from NBA range against NBA athletes needs to be put in context.

I think he shut down his season probably because he knows he's going top half of the lottery.

Ron Holland dropping to 12 would be scandalous, imo. I think he's a top 5 or maybe 6 guy in any scenario. He's too young, too athletic, too multi-dimensional and too prototypically sized. He's being over scrutinized. Yeah, he needs more IQ and shooting, but he can be coached. An 18 y.o. shooting from NBA range against NBA athletes needs to be put in context.

I think he shut down his season probably because he knows he's going top half of the lottery.
No, it would be were he should go is, maybe a little high.

He's fit dependent. He's not very good overall and if the wrong team takes him he will be a bust

The GLeague is not NBA athletes. It's a game that is run at NBA speed by guys who are clearly not NBA athletes or, for the most part, NBA caliber players.

That's why Jason Preston and Kenny Lofton can dominate the gLeague

Also Ron Holland is not 6'8. He's got thin and narrow shoulders. He doesn't have much wingspan. He's not a prototype. He's an active body more than anything else.

He's at the top of my draft board. It would be a dream situation to have him drop to us but I would be shocked to see it happen.

Also Ron Holland is not 6'8. He's got thin and narrow shoulders. He doesn't have much wingspan. He's not a prototype. He's an active body more than anything else.

I think he's close to 6'7", he supposedly has a 6'10.5" wingspan, and he can play on the wing as soon as he knocks down enough shots. That's a prototype.

Ron Holland reminds me of Corey Brewer tbh.

If he doesnt go to a team who tries to make him something he isnt, he can have a solid career as a bench 3&D player. If he can get a decent jumper he can be a good role player. If he can really learn to shoot it he can be a fantastic role player.

24% from 3 and more assist than turnovers. I just dont see how anyone could be enthusiastically overboard about the idea of Holland while downplaying Castle. Castle, a guy who shows a much more complete game, self awareness and realistic pathways to realize his potential.

I dont think Holland is the level of athlete/player that the twins are and they are going to have a lot of trouble being the *****ouse shooters they are. I would just stay away from dudes with busted jumpers unless they are clearly bringing a bevy of other plus skills and I dont think anyone can honestly say that about Holland.

For me he would be off the board at 9. He would be more of a late lottery to 20 guy.

I went back and re-watched the first half of the Baylor/Clemson game, specifically I was taking a closer look at Walter. I really want to like him.

Defensively, he was pretty good, especially on the perimeter when they were playing man defense. He got lost a couple of times when they were playing zone and had a hard time defending in the paint on one possession, but overall I would say defense is a strength for him and not a weakness.

On offense, I've mostly just seen him catch and shoot, where he is pretty good. He is a tough shot taker, which can help explain his percentages. I just haven't seen much self creation or creation for others from him. He did have a really nice entry pass in to the post, but he doesn't seem to be great at diving the ball.

I'm less excited than I want to be, but I do like that he has the potential to be a two way player, and in this draft I think I would still rate him pretty highly.

I wouldn't compare Salaun to Rashard Lewis. Lewis was a better shooter, especially off the dribble. Lewis also had some post-up game that Salaun hasn't shown much of yet. If there's a guy in this draft who compares to Rashard Lewis--and this is probably a stretch--I'd say Tyler Smith might be in the ballpark.

I actually think Smith has the raw talent to become a borderline All Star-level player, but when I watch him I get the sense that he drifts and doesn't always play hard. Smith has some handle and some finishes at the rim, as well as the jumper from both deep and mid-range.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wUzHnhcRxE

If you remember Rashard Lewis as a young player with the Sonics, he looked a bit like this...

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/xFdal-a_gpA

Last edited:
Early in the season, Tyler Smith looked like the best player on Ignite, and statistically he was better than Buzelis and Holland. I wonder if the way Ignite lost most their games, including losing some 30 pt and 50 pt blowouts, just got to guys and demoralized them a bit. I think it's hard not to tune out a bit when you're stringing together 10-game losing streaks.

Edit: Gleague Ignite was 2-30 on the season, including 0-16 on the road and 2-14 at home, with a -15 point differential. So....lol.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdLF82Nj2h8&t=205s

Last edited: