What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

Jazz fans favorite prospect seems to be Castle. I am not nearly as high on him as the majority. He’s not a better prospect than Black or Wallace were last year in my opinion.

Jazz say they want positional size/length, athleticism and shooting. If that's the case, I question whether Castle is really a priority for them inside the top 10. I could see the Jazz going for Sarr, Topic, Risacher, Buzelis, Williams and Knecht before taking Castle. Ron Holland possibly too if they think they can fix his shooting.

Jazz say they want positional size/length, athleticism and shooting. If that's the case, I question whether Castle is really a priority for them inside the top 10. I could see the Jazz going for Sarr, Topic, Risacher, Buzelis, Williams and Knecht before taking Castle. Ron Holland possibly too if they think they can fix his shooting.
The only player on that list who is a great shooter is Knecht. Maybe Risacher, but the FT% is sus and he has been cold from 3 lately.

Castle has just as much positional size as anyone on that list when you consider mass/strength. Everyone else is long and skinny, Castle is long and built.

As far as athleticism goes, Holland/Sarr are clearly at the top, but I dont see Topic/Knecht/Williams/Buzelis being anymore athletic than Castle.

I was quick to **** on Justin Edwards….but has anyone else checked his conference play numbers? Not bad at all.

I was quick to **** on Justin Edwards….but has anyone else checked his conference play numbers? Not bad at all.
I don't see big difference between his conference numbers and the overall numbers. What am i missing?

The Ringer/KOC updated their big board. First big site to put Knecht in their top 5.
Yeah he is kinda reactive but I appreciate he is a little different. Risacher at 10 seems low, Castle at 2, and he is high on Sears.

Yeah he is kinda reactive but I appreciate he is a little different. Risacher at 10 seems low, Castle at 2, and he is high on Sears.
He's the first person I've seen to actually have Sears in the top 60. Definitely one of the most overlooked players of the year until this point.

Also dont think Knecht top 5 is really reactionary. He's been heat all season. I think it's more just realizing the other prospects arent on his level.

Last edited:
I don't see big difference between his conference numbers and the overall numbers. What am i missing?

His shooting. Another way to look at this:

First 16 games: 27% 3FG - 68% FT - 52% TS
Last 16 games: 46% 3FG - 85% FT - 66% TS

I didn't realize his shooting had picked up that much. I thought he was a complete non shooter early on in the season.

KOC best evaluator out there! OK, ok... I kid... :p
Glasses apparently.

The efficiency is wildly different. All very small sample size, but they are large differences.
His TS% is higher on lower volume(and huge majority of it is his 3p% going from 37 to 50%... which if I had to bet I would bet on not being sustainable)... but other than that I don't see a big difference.