What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

30 days until the balls drop and we get the #1 pick in the most meh draft ever... and I will scream like a teenage girl at a TSwift concert.

*I fully realize this is dumb*

I almost don't want to win the lottery because I feel like if we win we will not win in another year when the draft is better. Also, I know at pick one you can pick whoever you want, but I think there is more pressure to pick a star with a top pick which might make it more likely to swing and miss.

I almost don't want to win the lottery because I feel like if we win we will not win in another year when the draft is better. Also, I know at pick one you can pick whoever you want, but I think there is more pressure to pick a star with a top pick which might make it more likely to swing and miss.

Sarr would excite me as a piece to build around. #2 is where I start to get pretty meh.

Would also be a big-time trade chip if we did land #1 and a top tier, cornerstone piece became available. IMO that's the best outcome.

Sarr would excite me as a piece to build around. #2 is where I start to get pretty meh.

Would also be a big-time trade chip if we did land #1 and a top tier, cornerstone piece became available. IMO that's the best outcome.
We would all get excited that Ainge was about to draft our top choice and then almost all get disappointed when he picks the guy we don't want.

Look it’s like winning the lotto when it’s only 20M the week after someone won the billion dollar pot. You still take the win.

#1 gives you a lot of trade options.

Surround him shooters and pray that he gets to be an average NBA shooter.
Develop his shooting and hope it gets good enough. No one in this draft is good enough to “build around” the way you are suggesting.

Develop his shooting and hope it gets good enough. No one in this draft is good enough to “build around” the way you are suggesting.
Well, I am resigned that he is highly rated and I am just speaking out loud on how I would mentally handle it. I am too negative on him and he is probably much better than how I feel.