What's new

232-2

Sean

That's Utah's record over the last 25 years in games they led by 25+ points.

Those two losses? Both under Quin in the playoffs.

Not to defend Quin but how many has he won of those 232
And just to add Quin is coaching in an era where teams are launching 50+ threes a game
Teams can overcome 25+ point deficits if they get hot

Last edited:
My reaction to that OKC game 5 was much worse than last night. Even though last night was a worse loss. Maybe I’m growing.

Only 5 teams in NBA history have come back from larger deficits in playoff games.

It happening twice in a few years is bad. It happening in an elimination game the year after blowing a 3-1 lead is unforgiveable.

232-2 equals Jazz record when leading by 25?
Man, I thought 232-2 was how much the Jazz were outscored in the 4th quarter of the playoffs.

Or I thought 232-2 was other team's big man rebounds vs. Gobert's rebounds.

Or I thought 232-2 was Mann's points in first quarter vs. Jazz points in first quarter.

(These jokes can write themselves, folks.)

Quin has a problem in that he's the smartest guy in the room and don't anyone try to tell him differently. When he laid out the post mortem of what they were doing in the second half, why didn't he take a couple of timeouts and fix it? Nope the system he has designed is so superior, he doesn't need to take advice from mere mortals.

Not to defend Quin but how many has he won of those 232
And just to add Quin is coaching in an era where teams are launching 50+ threes a game
You're literally defending him, tho.

It's extremely uncommon for a team to blow a 25 point lead - especially in the postseason. In fact, it's only happened nine times in history where a team has blown a 25+ point lead in the playoffs. Guess who owns TWO of those marks? Yup! Utah in 2018 vs Oklahoma City and Utah last night vs the Clippers.

Yes, you're right that in the era of insane three-point shots, it's easier than it used to be to overcome that level of deficit - but just because it's easier doesn't mean it's still easy, or not extremely rare.

We also let the Clippers become a first team to win two consecutive series being down 0:2 in both.