What's new

2nd round playoff tix

@Wes Mantooth I don't know if you went to Whiskey Street last time you were here and I don't know if it's become one of these "overrated" spots that everyone here tells everyone out of town to go to, but I was there last Tuesday and it seemed like a place you might like if you're ever in town. Huge whiskey menu, literally a few hundred different types ranging from $6 to $500 per serving, easily 10 different options in the $100-$500 range. I'm gonna make the safe assumption that it's the biggest whiskey selection in the state. Their food menu is small enough that I think they can keep good quality and consistency.

We started just up the street at Post Office Place which is a small plates restaurant connected to Takashi Sushi. They didn't have desert and my wife wanted dessert so we walked the 1.5min it took to get to Whiskey street and had some really good dessert and a couple drinks. It was packed on a Tuesday evening. They have a couple ok TVs and they were playing NBA games on both of them.

Overall it's a decent little area. There are like 8 reasonably good places to eat right there. It's the area I think about when I daydream about opening a restaurant.

Yeah, my buddy and I hit Whiskey Street up. Liked it a lot. My recollection is we were there about an hour and a half, left to check out other bars, was at one for maybe 45-60 minutes (a little hole in the wall; a band was playing and it felt a little Greenwich Village but it’s been some time so...) and we left there and went back to Whiskey Street for another hour and a half, Huge place. A bit pricy but really liked the vibe. My buddy was hammered. Our waitress for the last hour or so told us she had a bad habit of tearing out her eyelashes with her fingers. Anxiety basically. My buddy asked for a pic with her or some weird ****,