What's new

3 hours til game 5 thoughts..

reignman40

I've had the day off and have been thinking about the game all day. It feels nice having this beautiful spring day all to my self.

Spring usually reminds me of the NBA playoffs. Despite it being go time I don't know about watching another jazz game this season, think I am done. After sowing some seeds a perfect 1 inch deep in the soil and having a relaxing time in the garden, it got me thinking... Jazz playoff games are just to stressful. The drinking, worrying, yelling obscenities at the TV for 2.5 hours every 2-3 days, it's getting to be to much.

When 7:30 hits and the Jazz and Mavs are tipping off, I may just curl up on the couch and turn on Netflix. When my girlfriend asks, "Aren't you going to watch the baseball game?"

Without even correcting, or thinking about Jazz playoff basketball, I will just ask if she would like to watch the latest Adam Sandler romantic comedy with me. So have fun jazzfanz, stressing out with the game tonight. We might lose anyway. So why watch.

Sent from my SM-A326U using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
I can dig it. I am more of a nihilist so I take a different tack. I also considered doing something similar, like rigging up a sling in the kitchen/dining room where we have lots of space and putting the cat in it and spinning her around and around until she is making the fire-siren mewling noises of a cat gone insane, and then dumping her out on the floor to watch her run sideways bouncing into the walls full-speed on her elbows and knees, screeching like a balloon with the opening pulled taught, until she collapses exhausted behind the table, her eyes flitting side to side as if she is watching the world's fastest and most ****ed-up tennis match. That is good entertainment there.

I've had the day off and have been thinking about the game all day. It feels nice having this beautiful spring day all to my self.

Spring usually reminds me of the NBA playoffs. Despite it being go time I don't know about watching another jazz game this season, think I am done. After sowing some seeds a perfect 1 inch deep in the soil and having a relaxing time in the garden, it got me thinking... Jazz playoff games are just to stressful. The drinking, worrying, yelling obscenities at the TV for 2.5 hours every 2-3 days, it's getting to be to much.

When 7:30 hits and the Jazz and Mavs are tipping off, I may just curl up on the couch and turn on Netflix. When my girlfriend asks, "Aren't you going to watch the baseball game?"

Without even correcting, or thinking about Jazz playoff basketball, I will just ask if she would like to watch the latest Adam Sandler romantic comedy with me. So have fun jazzfanz, stressing out with the game tonight. We might lose anyway. So why watch.

See ya in the game thread at 7:30

So why watch? How can you not watch ?

I wanna see Forrest guarding Brunson. Just so we know what we truly have, to end the controversy that went on all season.

I promised my family I would take them to the new The Bad Guys movie tonight so I'll miss the game.

As far as the game goes, Jazz simply need to hit their shots and outshoot the Mavs from deep. They've yet to have a good offensive game from outside - maybe we're due, maybe we're not, but they've got to be better.

I'm definitely going to watch, but I totally understand where you're coming from. I get so nervous and anxious while watching these playoff games that it's honestly not that enjoyable of an experience. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so invested in the Jazz, and I could just enjoy the games without so much stress.

I'm definitely going to watch, but I totally understand where you're coming from. I get so nervous and anxious while watching these playoff games that it's honestly not that enjoyable of an experience. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so invested in the Jazz, and I could just enjoy the games without so much stress.
I have no idea how the casuals do it. People who like watching them win but survive just fine when we suck ***.

The Stockton and Malone era hooked me on playoff basketball for life. Despite inconsistent officiating and the relative lack of postseason success for the Jazz over the years, I can't seem to quit watching.

So, each year I just try to enjoy the ride. If/when the Jazz are eliminated, I'll pick some other teams to root for or against. So far this year it's been fun watching the Timberwolves and Pelicans make some noise as underdogs. I've also taken great pleasure in Brooklyn's struggles.

I have no idea how the casuals do it. People who like watching them win but survive just fine when we suck ***.

I wish I knew what their secret was...it would alleviate a lot of my stress.

Haha. I have been known to stay away from Jazzfanz, and not watch any sports shows like ESPN when the jazz lose.
There’s someone I know that I’m friends with on Facebook who, once he mentioned the Jazz, I realized that everything he posts on Facebook is like everything you post here and I started to wonder if I knew you, but then I figured you don’t have Facebook. You didn’t go to Eastmont, did you?

I used to get so nervous that I stopped watching games that I didn't actually attend.

In the 2007 playoffs, I didn't watch one road game vs the Rockets. I would lay in bed and dink around for a few hours watching TV, estimate when the game was over and then instead of actually looking at the score, I went to Wikipedia to see if the playoff record on the Jazz Wikipedia page had been updated and that's when I found out.

Sucked so much because three games in a row we lost.

Finally, for game seven, I got a look at the score by accident and saw that the Jazz were winning so I watched the final few minutes. Well there was a moment I locked myself in the bathroom because I was so nervous.

But then I forced myself to go back and watched the game end. That still might be the last truly great playoff game for this franchise.

I was so nervous because Dallas had lost to Golden State the night before and was eliminated, so I knew whoever won game seven would have a prime shot at making the WCF.

Now? I'll watch. I just might turn it off if it's getting ugly.

I always get pissed off and when the other team does something that puts them up big or causes us to call a time out, I end up closing my app and deciding I’m not watching. I always end up opening it back up before it comes back from timeout. I always say I won’t watch but always do. I probably don’t enjoy it most of the time, at least this season and most definitely the previous three playoffs.

I will watch road games on mute because the crowd noise annoys me lol

I'll only turn the volume on if the Jazz are killing it, so I can hear the quiet arena and the broadcasters gush about it.

This is totally not healthy.

I used to get so nervous that I stopped watching games that I didn't actually attend.

In the 2007 playoffs, I didn't watch one road game vs the Rockets. I would lay in bed and dink around for a few hours watching TV, estimate when the game was over and then instead of actually looking at the score, I went to Wikipedia to see if the playoff record on the Jazz Wikipedia page had been updated and that's when I found out.

Sucked so much because three games in a row we lost.

Finally, for game seven, I got a look at the score by accident and saw that the Jazz were winning so I watched the final few minutes. Well there was a moment I locked myself in the bathroom because I was so nervous.

But then I forced myself to go back and watched the game end. That still might be the last truly great playoff game for this franchise.

I was so nervous because Dallas had lost to Golden State the night before and was eliminated, so I knew whoever won game seven would have a prime shot at making the WCF.

Now? I'll watch. I just might turn it off if it's getting ugly.
That is a wild story! I couldn't imagine missing that series against the Rockets. I was playoff hungry after we failed to get to the playoffs in 05 and 06. The last time I missed a jazz playoff game was 2000 game 5 against the Sonics. I went to Lake mead with my cousins...

I just try to enjoy the ride and try not to sit on losses. It's never over.

I promised my family I would take them to the new The Bad Guys movie tonight so I'll miss the game.

As far as the game goes, Jazz simply need to hit their shots and outshoot the Mavs from deep. They've yet to have a good offensive game from outside - maybe we're due, maybe we're not, but they've got to be better.
You did what, did you not know the game was on tonight??

Check the scheddy, know the scheddy!