What's new

3rd or 4th or 5th or Something Annual Jazzfanz NFL Survival Pool

Nate505

Modstapo Lite
Staff member
I nearly spaced this out this year. Damn kids and keeping my life busy.

Anyways, I invite anyone and everyone to join our Survival Football pool this year. If you've never played the rules are simple. Choose one team to win their game that week (say the Colts over the Bills), and if you win you go onto the next week. But then you don't get the glory of picking the Colts for the rest of the season, so in Week 2 you'd have to pick the Packers or Seahawks of the Cheaters or someone else.

Here's a link to the site. Just go to the Join a Group button and enter in the group ID (17765) and the password (favors):

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival

Like every year the password is favors. I thought about making it gobert, but damnit I still love Favors.

Even though the NFL season starts next week around this time, I made the setting for the first game to be at 11:00 AM Mountain time for Week 1, so you have until 9/13/15 to sign up.

Perhaps you can all knock off the defending champion this year...me.

Last edited:
Probably year #5 as I've won it a couple of times.
One year I had a strategy and plotted out all my probable picks for each week before the season began. The other time I won I just did seat of the pants each week and got lucky I had decent games to choose from near the end.

I'll sign up again. And my first projection is that I'll probably be eliminated by forgetting to make a pick in the first couple of months.

In
Also, made my pick

I'll unsticky this on Sunday, but will bump it periodically to remind people of the week...at least that's what I say now.

A person would have to be a special kind of stupid to pick Tampa Bay in the first week.

A person would have to be a special kind of stupid to pick Tampa Bay in the first week.
Yep..... Hell I think you would have had to be stupid to take Tennessee too.

I was not touching that game

I did that one year with Cleveland, like in 2004 or so. They were playing what I thought was a weak Saints team at home, and I was listening to the annual hype about them being better....then the Browns became showed why they were the Browns and got their *** kicked.

I think I was drunk when I made the pick. I'll go with that.

Actually, I thought Winston would come out in his first game and try to outplay Mariotta, and I didn't want to pick the Patriots, Packers, Cowboys, etc. in the first week.

I think I was drunk when I made the pick. I'll go with that.

Actually, I thought Winston would come out in his first game and try to outplay Mariotta, and I didn't want to pick the Patriots, Packers, Cowboys, etc. in the first week.

That's why I took the Bengals.

Rule #1 of pick 'em. Raiders never win week 1, even at home.

That's why I took the Bengals.

Rule #1 of pick 'em. Raiders never win week 1, even at home.
I use that rule with Jacksonville..... Therefore I took Carolina

I couldn't join the league because games had already started, so I will just make my picks in here. I'm going with Minnesota.

Well, we've set a new record for mediocrity. All of us except the person named Art Vandelay took New Orleans. So a winner crowned in Week #2.

Art, identify who you are on this board so all us losers can give you rep.

So...the winner in our group is the winner because the team he picked played on Monday and lost as opposed to Sunday.

Good job Yahoo. Hopefully it will be updated tomorrow. Otherwise, I won't use Yahoo for survivor pools again.