What's new

#44- Jazz at Kings Jan 17 at 8:00 pm Mtn. Are the Jazz over the Hill?

mellow

sunshine__lollipops___rainbows_by_darksider0.jpg

On Jazzfanz we love ALL our Utah Jazz Players.

Go Jazz

Pregame it will be announced the Jazz have acquired George Hill in exchange for Rubio and a 2nd rounder.

I'll be tuned in tonight, and rooting for Utah!! I have a big bet riding on the Kings going under 29½ wins...

Fox is hitting his stride this month, he's putting up like 14 - 7 and a steal and a half...

Did you hear the Kings announced today that there veterans are going to take turns sitting out games and all players with 3-years or less experience will be playing much more. They are fully invested in their tank now.

They didn't say they were making the veterans available for trades, but it makes you wonder.

I worry about this game from a Jazz perspective. Emotionally the Jazz seem weary, the trade deadline looms over them, the losses keep piling up and the playoffs are drifting further and further from view.

Meanwhile a bunch of Sacramento youngsters just found out they have been given free rein to run. They want to show they belong and they can play loose.

This game may reveal more about the mental and emotional state of the Jazz than their basketball abilities.

main-qimg-d268d1e9da0d57e9f66e93f374c164fa-c.jpg

Could someone please photoshop Bricky's head onto this missile? We need a good luck charm.

Did you hear the Kings announced today that there veterans are going to take turns sitting out games and all players with 3-years or less experience will be playing much more. They are fully invested in their tank now.

They didn't say they were making the veterans available for trades.

The thing is tho.. The Kings young players are in fact better than most people wanna admit...

Zach Randolph has won them a game or 2 this year for sure.. There's been a few crap games from him too..

If the Kings young players get chemistry going and get used to playing increased minutes, by the end of the season when playoff teams are resting, they could win a bunch of cheapies and screw up their tank (and my over/under bet!)

Benching Garrett Temple is a tank move tho for sure..

Did you know.....

• The Jazz's only Road win against a Western Conference foe came against the Clippers on Nov 30th? The Clippers were playing without 4 starters.
  • The Jazz were 3-1 against the Kings last season, they won both games in Sacramento.
  • Sacramento was named after the Sacramento River, which forms its western border. The river was named by Spanish cavalry officer Gabriel Moraga for the Santisimo Sacramento (Most Holy Sacrament), referring to the Catholic Eucharist.
  • The Kings are ranked dead last in points per game. Zach Randolph is their leading scorer.
  • Justin Jackson was one of my draft crushes. I thought he would make a good jazzman. He shoots 32% from three so maybe I was right.

Did you know.....

• The Jazz's only Road win against a Western Conference foe came against the Clippers on Nov 30th? The Clippers were playing without 4 starters.
  • The Jazz were 3-1 against the Kings last season, they won both games in Sacramento.
  • Sacramento was named after the Sacramento River, which forms its western border. The river was named by Spanish cavalry officer Gabriel Moraga for the Santisimo Sacramento (Most Holy Sacrament), referring to the Catholic Eucharist.
  • The Kings are ranked dead last in points per game. Zach Randolph is their leading scorer.
  • Justin Jackson was one of my draft crushes. I thought he would make a good jazzman. He shoots 32% from three so maybe I was right.
Lol at the last part

My brain absolutely wants the Jazz to lose every game, but my heart and emotions can't be controlled by it so part of me still wants them to win too.
My brain says February and March we’ll rank the tank so I root for wins.

My brain says February and March we’ll rank the tank so I root for wins.
I'm just barely able to still root for wins...... but I still am.
Go jazz.

A loss tonight might just land me on the tank doe

I'm just barely able to still root for wins...... but I still am.
Go jazz.

A loss tonight might just land me on the tank doe
If you go all-in on tank, prepare to have your heart ripped out next month.