What's new

5/1/11- Greg Miller Interview- not looking good for AK coming back

Golfman

https://www.ksl.com/?nid=304&sid=15376081

Interesting interview with Greg Miller, about 10 minutes. Not too interesting, but he did say some things worth mentioning.

One interesting note was on AK, Greg said "...I have to be honest with you, I have some concerns about his durability and his ability to play through some injuries. I'm not a doctor obviously, I'm not one to pass judgement on that, but as a fan, when I watch, I sometimes I wonder if he should be dressed and playing instead of sitting on the sideline."

And regarding Jimmer, he said it was more important to try to win than to try and fill the seats, meaning they wouldn't draft Jimmer just to boost sales. But no hints whether or not they would take him at 12.

He had some good stuff to say about the team, though, and he seems optimistic about the future. But what he said about AK doesn't bode well for him coming back.

Regarding the draft, he said the team wants to get "bigger and better shooting". So we can expect one of the picks, most likely the first one, to be a C.

Regarding the draft, he said the team wants to get "bigger and better shooting". So we can expect one of the picks, most likely the first one, to be a C.

Does that increase the chances that Millsap gets traded?

He's trying to lower AK's value to the media. Some of you have to learn to not take words at face value, there's always a hidden strategy.

- Craig

He's trying to lower AK's value to the media. Some of you have to learn to not take words at face value, there's always a hidden strategy.

- Craig

Correct - if The Jazz resign AK they're essentially signing a player who will give you 60-65 games per year. We'll see if AK is serious about his hometown discount.

I think AK has lowered the value of AK more than anything that Greg Miller says

This. Lol at anyone who thinks AK's value hasn't been lowered already. Greg Miller is just speaking from the hip here.
He is knocking him. Doesn't sound like he wants him back. These arent the kinds of things you say about a guy you are about to resign.

C6sYY.jpg

SWWEEEEETTTT!

Keep AK outta here!

I hope he either goes back to Russia...

Or goes to one of our rivals. That way, we'll get to play 5 on 4 for the games that he's actually healthy for.

I don't mind him in Orem. Win-win.

Our the Jazz drafting a Center or maybe trading Millsap for Peitrus/Lopez. With that trade we get better shooting and get Bigger? And it was a pretty good interview. I liked what he said about Jimmer. "Its about winning and once were doing that, were fill the seats"

I'm as loud a mouth as you'll find when it comes to the Jazz not re-signing the turd, but there's no (good) reason to drag the guy through the mud. But what can you expect from a guy that has inherited everything and earned nothing?

I would be fine if they signed AK for the veterans minimum.
Unless we can get someone that makes as much of a defensive difference for 65 games for about that price it is still worth it.
He is a great passer, and his shot is not as bad as people make it sound.
I still would much rather have him than have them take the option on CJ.
65 games of AK is better than 82 games of CJ.

I'm as loud a mouth as you'll find when it comes to the Jazz not re-signing the turd, but there's no (good) reason to drag the guy through the mud. But what can you expect from a guy that has inherited everything and earned nothing?

How was Greg expressing concerns over AK's durability dragging him through the mud?