What's new

76'ers and Jazz interested in Mirotic, Pelicans seek 1st rounder in return..

Lakers_Slapper

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1...ed-in-mirotic-pels-seek-1st-rounder-in-return

I have always thought that Mirotic would thrive in the Jazz system. However I am not 100% confident in our negotiating skills to acquire him. I think a 1st round pic needs to be removed no matter what. Mirotic is a UFA after this season and the strength in the upcoming drafts over the next year or two are ideal to stock draft picks. If the Jazz give up a 1st round for an expiring, it will be embarrassing. But if we can acquire him reasonably, I love the idea of Mirotic in our system, if he can stay healthy which also seems to be a problem. Are the Jazz trying to win, or rid themselves of Favors contract? (Mirotic is on an expiring deal)

Give them TB. He’s a first. Stick in the box. Never been opened.
Some teams were high on Bradley. Advanced stats projections had him as a lottery pick because of his rebounding numbers. By MLB rules he'd still be a rookie as well.

What does Mirotic command in the 2019 UFA market?

If we could get him for a first and re-sign him at a reasonable rate, I think that's good value. I think he fits in very well offensively, and clearly serviceable big men who shoot like him are difficult to acquire.

Some teams were high on Bradley. Advanced stats projections had him as a lottery pick because of his rebounding numbers. By MLB rules he'd still be a rookie as well.
I hope the rest of the league feels the same. Sneaking suspicion that they don’t.

A first for 2 months of Mirotic? Oooookay. Just wait and try to grab him in FA.
That would really depend on how much one values him in conjunction with any other move that may or may not be made. If you really value him and you make a move that sacrifices your cap space, such as Conley, then it’s the cost you pay to still be able to land him in free agency. If you’re kinda wishy washy about him as a summer target, then yeah, don’t give something up, but if he’s one of your main targets then it’s almost an insurance policy for that.

I disagree. Korver is on a team-friendly contract with an option. Mirotic is a free agent that you could easily lose in 30 games or so.
I've heard that there was no love lost when he left Chicago. The players thought he was a jerk. Not sure I would want that on the team no matter how good he may be for the team

I've heard that there was no love lost when he left Chicago. The players thought he was a jerk. Not sure I would want that on the team no matter how good he may be for the team

Unlike Chicago, Jazz have a lot of international players .Might make a difference, it might not. If the price is right, then worth a 2 month trial run.

Philly will try to dump Fultz's contract with a pick. They'll let Mirotic and possibly Jimmy Butler go at the end of the year and try to attract a marquee FA.

Philly will try to dump Fultz's contract with a pick. They'll let Mirotic and possibly Jimmy Butler go at the end of the year and try to attract a marquee FA.
I don't think they want a pick for Fultz. They want a player who can help them now, like Ross or Mirotic.