What's new

76ers match Jazz's offer and will keep Paul Reed

Go get Mohammad Gueye. He’s on the Toronto G League.

He’s a Thon Maker clone (to my eye), and can shoot 3s and is very athletic.

It was creative by DA, foshu, but I don't think it made much sense. He would have been gone after one year. 8 mil feels over market price for one year. I'd rather give the time to Hendricks.

Last edited:
As the Houston Rockets general manager 11 years ago, Daryl Morey signed Chicago Bulls restricted free agent center Omer Asik to a three-year, $24.3 million offer sheet. The deal included a "poison pill" provision that backloaded $15 million in the third year of the contract, an idea that he worked on with Asik's agent, Justin Zanik.

from the Woj ESPN article… thought that was interesting

Go get Mohammad Gueye. He’s on the Toronto G League.

He’s a Thon Maker clone (to my eye), and can shoot 3s and is very athletic.

IMO, more of an around-the-rim guy than Maker was (seem to remember he'd drift out quite a bit?) but this is a great call. He is a bucket getter. Watched a ton of Pac 12 hoops this season and he was a serious problem.

Maybe this is a blessing. Now maybe Hendricks gets some burn.
Hopefully.

Never been a fan of the Boomer philosophy that rookies need to rot on the bench until they earn their minutes and even then it'll take awhile.

There's only a billion or so examples of successful NBA players that played right away as rookies.

IMO, more of an around-the-rim guy than Maker was (seem to remember he'd drift out quite a bit?) but this is a great call. He is a bucket getter. Watched a ton of Pac 12 hoops this season and he was a serious problem.
Most recently I saw him today he was more standing around the 3 point line.

He swished like x2 3-pointers in a roll. Bit I didn’t watch the whole game.

He looks like a guy we could give some game time down the stretch.

What’s his character like, do you know?

No idea as a "locker room" guy, but seems to be good. No documented issues, teammates seem to like him, etc. At the very least he's extremely coachable. His jump from freshman to sophomore season was remarkable.

x2 in a roll? Wow!