What's new

82games.com top 5 man units for the Jazz

cjs55

https://www.82games.com/1011/1011UTA2.HTM

Ranked by minutes:

1) 652.1 minutes: Williams/Bell/AK/Sap/Al +/- -46 W 15 L 16
2) 90.1 minutes: Williams/Miles/AK/Sap/Al +/- +68 W 10 L 3

The solution to the Jazz's first quarter woes is staring the coaching staff right in the face. It's to the point of becoming gross incompetence by the coaching staff in their inability to recognize it. Their recent pathetic attempts to change the starting lineup make no sense. The best starting line-up is obvious, and it's the one that has gotten the second most minutes anyways this season, so it's not simply a matter of sample size.

Bench, Raja, Bell.

How dare you.

How dare you question the insight of the coaching staff.

Shame on you. Continue hating America.

I dont think 82games's data with a limited sample size is what that will convince the coaches.

I had asked a question to Brian Smith of SLTRIB rgarding lineup changes and coaches' thinking recently and in his reply he had also mentioned about the starting five shuffle and he said that the coaches feel that Bell, despite his offensive struggles, still fits better defensively in the starting 5 as compared to Miles. They are not confident of Miles's defense it seems. Kind of like a catch-22 situation for them.
I still think if Bell gets out of this slump and just shoots well enough to keep defenses a bit honest he can still keep the starting job. But he is really testing everyone's patience in this stretch.

The stat I like is how the Jazz foul the most in the NBA.

There are like 16 sub .500 teams below us in fouls.

Don't worry, this will end once they can get Deron off our team...

Last edited:
"the coaches feel that Bell, despite his offensive struggles, still fits better defensively in the starting 5 as compared to Miles"

never a COY...never will be.

raja bell has played in 42 games this season averaging 30.1 mins per game, and has scored in double digits.... twice.

Who's the ******* that neg-repped me? At least give me a reason. I understand if someone dislikes me, and so far I understand that those are usually people without a sack or a spine.