What's new

9/11 first responders

Harambe

Contributor
Get off your partisan soap boxes for this.

What an incredible metaphor this room is for the entire process that getting health care and benefits for 9/11 first responders has come to ... behind me, a filled room of 9/11 first responders and in front of me, a nearly empty Congress.

We've had left and right in both congress and senate. Yet...

This is truly a disgrace shared by both political parties. Funding to support 9/11 first responders should have been passed in perpetuity 18 ****ing years ago. My understanding is that funding for their health care concerns was extended for 75 years in 2015, but the compensation fund is set to expire next year.

This website has a nifty tool you can use to identify whether or not your representatives in congress are cosponsors to the bill Jon Stewart is arguing in support of.

https://t.co/R23XX5LAh0?amp=1

Also Jon Stewart is awesome and his daily show is very deeply missed.
*Edited for clarity*

Last edited:
This is truly a disgrace shared by both political parties. Funding to support 9/11 first responders should have been passed in perpetuity 18 ****ing years ago. My understanding is that funding for their health care concerns was extended for 75 years in 2015, but the compensation fund is set to expire next year.

This website has a nifty tool you can use to identify whether or not your representatives in congress are cosponsors to the bill Jon Stewart is arguing in support of.

*Edited for clarity*

Only one of Utah’s representatives has sponsored the bill...

Pretty obvious which one it is. And he might be a one term rep due to gerrymandering, outside money, and our ah-hem, unique culture.

@Zombie according to the website you provided, only 8 Democrats in the entire house haven’t sponsored it. 8 out of 235 (97 percent sponsor it) Democrats haven’t sponsored it. Yet, only 68 out of 198 republicans sponsor it (34 percent). How both parties don’t support this 100 percent is beyond me.

For all the talk utah reps (especially from a certain party) make about patriotism, they sure do a ****** job of showing it. This is something that every rep regardless of political party should support.

Last edited:

*Edited for clarity*

Thank you. I appreciate this.

*Edited for clarity*

Is it just that the grubby bastards don't give a **** or is it that they are worried about having to fork out cash for all the traumatised and ****ed up veterans that have come back from these wars too?

So this just happened.

Rand Paul blocked this funding bill over concerns of the deficit. Remember now, he voted in favor of tax cuts for the rich.

“But Thrill! Remind me again why you advocate voting all republicans out of office!”

So this just happened.

Rand Paul blocked this funding bill over concerns of the deficit. Remember now, he voted in favor of tax cuts for the rich.

“But Thrill! Remind me again why you advocate voting all republicans out of office!”

As I pointed out in the other thread member of the "anti American" squad Ilhan Omar was a cosponsor of this bill in the House.

As I pointed out in the other thread member of the "anti American" squad Ilhan Omar was a cosponsor of this bill in the House.

Who? Omar? She’s that one that wears that thingie around her head?! Right? She’s an anti-murikan librul who should go back to where she came from! She’s an ALCAIDA!

Real murikans who love the country are like Rand Paul and vote to stop funding to 9/11 first responders.

Kentucky gives us Rand Paul and Mitch McConnell. They really should have their statehood revoked honestly. You can’t send us 2 worthless senators like that.

Also, if you’re a Kentuckian and your health care and education system is in the mess that they’re in, why do you keep voting in those two dolts? What has Mitch ever actually done for you? Is empowering Rand really workin our for ya?

If researchers ever wanted to examine race resentment and how it plays out in politics, go to Kentucky.

“Sure! I might be dirt poor living in a trailer drinking polluted water and dying slowly without health care. But at least them Mexicans and blacks are too!”

Great leader saved thousands on 9/11 but the lamestream media won’t report it.

What was Donald doing on 9/11 anyway?

Oh...

Well. Oops. At least he’s white. Cuz only blacks hate America... send her back! Amiright???

Great leader saved thousands on 9/11 but the lamestream media won’t report it.

What was Donald doing on 9/11 anyway?

Oh...

Well. Oops. At least he’s white. Cuz only blacks hate America... send her back! Amiright???

What a disgrace, can someone in the Republican Party stand up to this clown already?