What's new

'96-'97 Jazz 15th best team ever - fivethirtyeight

Mind-numbingly boring.

I'm not sure how accurate this is, they have this years Warriors team as the 4th best team ever.

Based on this, the '97 and '98 Jazz were better than every NBA champion to come after them except the 2009 Lakers, 2013 Heat, and 2014 Spurs. What horrible timing.

Spurs have 5 rings but only one team better than '96-97 and '97-98 Jazz. Bulls '96-97 and '97-98 teams were top 7. Timing is everything.

The warriors are soooooooo good. Locke has been talking about it all year. They are one of the best teams ever.

The warriors are soooooooo good. Locke has been talking about it all year. They are one of the best teams ever.
I agree.
No weakness. If they would not have taken some games off when they had the #1 sec locked up, they could have challenged for the best record of all time imo.

i really hope draymond green goes somewhere else. hopefully somewhere in the east

Based on this, the '97 and '98 Jazz were better than every NBA champion to come after them except the 2009 Lakers, 2013 Heat, and 2014 Spurs. What horrible timing.

I thoroughly disagree. It was the best timing in the Universe. The Jazz had the most amazing opportunity to beat "the greatest player ever" in the championships. The Jazz had the most golden opportunity in NBA history, especially in '98. We could have given MJ his only finals defeat. To me, the opportunity for ultimate greatness is greater then the opportunity for mediocre greatness.

I thoroughly disagree. It was the best timing in the Universe. The Jazz had the most amazing opportunity to beat "the greatest player ever" in the championships. The Jazz had the most golden opportunity in NBA history, especially in '98. We could have given MJ his only finals defeat. To me, the opportunity for ultimate greatness is greater then the opportunity for mediocre greatness.

Oh yeah, and congratulations to Houston for winning a few little chips while MJ took a vacation. The Jazz took a shot at the Big Chips once He came back.