What's new

A Big Move on the Horizon?

Lol McMahon did just backtrack and say it could be used in trade also

You don't need Diaw to make it happen anyway. Love for Favors and Joe Johnson just works straight away without any 3rd team...

Edit : and yes, they retain the cap space for any trade anyway.

Last edited:
How many years does k love have left on his contract? Its interesting that all these signings are 2 year deals. There has to be a reason that DL wants all that money opening up in 2 years.

How many years does k love have left on his contract? Its interesting that all these signings are 2 year deals. There has to be a reason that DL wants all that money opening up in 2 years.

Easy.

It's when Hood, Mitchell and Exum are ready to tear up the league.

I don't know why people keep bringing up Kevin Love. It's nothing more than a fantasy. Cleveland is contending right now. They aren't trading Kevin Love unless it's for something that gives them a better chance to win. Melo doesn't give them a better chance to win. Ryan Anderson doesn't give them a better chance to win. A whole bunch of lesser assets doesn't give them a better chance to win.

I agree Favors will probably be traded anyway since I doubt Udoh would have left Euroleague where he was the MVP to become the 3rd Center on the Jazz and play a few minutes per game... It just doesn't make sense.

So Favors is out, unless we want to pair him again as PF with Rudy, but it won't happen, Quin Snyder doesn't like that and it's true it wouldn't work anyway, especially with Rubio as PG. We need shooters now. Kevin Love would be perfectly fine.

Last edited:
Tim McMahon reporting Diaw will be waived. So much for the trade eh

No bearing at all. Waiving Diaw allows Utah to use cap space to sign the three new players. Since Ingles still hasn't officially signed, Jazz will be at $99m counting his cap hold. They'll be at $109m when they then submit his new contract.

Waiting for the usual critics to complain about Utah getting "nothing" for Diaw.

I don't know why people keep bringing up Kevin Love. It's nothing more than a fantasy. Cleveland is contending right now. They aren't trading Kevin Love unless it's for something that gives them a better chance to win. Melo doesn't give them a better chance to win. Ryan Anderson doesn't give them a better chance to win. A whole bunch of lesser assets doesn't give them a better chance to win.

Love just doesn't fit their team, it doesn't work that well... I doubt they stand pat, they know they don't beat KD version of Golden State with that team.

As for a trade, Favors and Burks is a perfect salary match for 'Melo (for Utah to be the 3rd party). What is Love's salary?

Ryan Anderson would need to come with another very good asset.

Love just doesn't fit their team, it doesn't work that well... I doubt they stand pat, they know they don't beat KD version of Golden State with that team.

They won a championship with him. I'd say he fits pretty good.

What are they getting back for Love that is better than him?

They won a championship with him. I'd say he fits pretty good.

What are they getting back for Love that is better than him?

They won BEFORE KD signed with Golden State. Now it's not close at all anymore. I'd say Cavs would benefit from Favors rim protection.

Actually, Favs and JJ for Love makes perfect sense. Jazz give up both because they are expiring. Cleveland wants that in case Lebron leaves next year. Cavs get an interior presence AND JJ gives them the outside shooting they trade in Love, who Lebron has been disappointed with at times. Utah gets a shooter who still has years left on his contract.

Bobby Marks‏Verified account @BobbyMarks42 5m5 minutes ago
More
Bobby Marks Retweeted Tim MacMahon
Contract for Diaw would be guaranteed if not waived by 7/15. Utah would have $11M in room and $4.3M room ML for Thabo, Udoh and Jerebko.

Edit: Anyone else noticed now all the names ended with 'O'? Thabo, Udoh, Jarebko?

The 'O' team?????

They won BEFORE KD signed with Golden State. Now it's not close at all anymore. I'd say Cavs would benefit from Favors rim protection.

Favors is a serious downgrade from Love. Let's be real. He'd be a slight upgrade defensively maybe. But it would be a huge hit to their spacing and overall offense. Favors doesn't help them beat Golden St. Who is he taking away defensively? Zaza?