What's new

A Carlos Boozer story you never knew

Got to love the irony of a poster calling Boozer a liar then making up details to the story that don't exist

I guess I get why you can't believe anyone because you have short term memory loss and can't remember anything yourself
Speculation, and even misunderstanding, and making up are different things. Of course I've mostly been skimming this thread, so maybe I missed his fabrications.

Pretty sure at 6 I was worried way more about where we were going fishing the next weekend, and not playing professional sports. I didn't start thinking about that until maybe age 10.

Y'all clearly never watched The Wire. Kids in the DMV are like that.

hqdefault.jpg

You think gangs follow child labor laws?
Yes, of course. That is obviously what my posts have indicated without question. There is no other conclusion anyone could have drawn from the things I've said. Like when I said I don't think Boozer is lying obviously means that I'm accusing Boozer of committing a fraudulent felony of intentionally misleading us with that fabricated article. Clearly.

Yes, of course. That is obviously what my posts have indicated without question. There is no other conclusion anyone could have drawn from the things I've said. Like when I said I don't think Boozer is lying obviously means that I'm accusing Boozer of committing a fraudulent felony of intentionally misleading us with that fabricated article. Clearly.

View: https://youtu.be/VECe-cwG7do?si=YTjOseyFjBrah6xT

I've heard people sometimes take their 9-years-olds hunting, which would only be two years older than Boozer's friend.
Taking a 9 year old hunting is the same thing as taking a 9 year old in a walk. I go hunting with my family sometimes. I don't carry a gun though.

A 9 year old caring a gun with their family on a hunt is also different than a 9 year old carrying a gun without their family to a basketball court.

Nor have I. Yet, it happens every day in the US, AFAICT.
Things that happen everyday can still be unusual. There are billions of humans.

I just said every situation is different.

Children shooting people happens all over the country. It seems to be a sign of moral decay only in the city.
Your phrase was “not unusual.” Does the existence of something happening somewhere disqualify that thing from being unusual? This is a conflation of the macro with the micro. Not unusual how? Not unusual that in any given week that the US, with 70 million children, has a child shooting another? That may not be unusual. Unusual for your child neighbor next door to shoot another child? Very unusual, irrespective of where you live (even if you’re in the worst crime-ridden area of the country — still unusual).

Brace yourself for this one, but every day in the US people win the lottery. I am thrilled to know that this is not unusual.

However calling him out for intentional embellishment of such a tragic event is equal to questioning his charracter. I wouldnt go that far.
A little tongue in cheek here, but I seem to recall a certain everlasting hamstring issue that made MANY of us question boozers character...

Then there was his affair...

Character and Boozer were regularly in question. I dont mean to suggest that has anything to do with this story or its validity. Just saying...

Wow. This thread is really sad. This is a heartbreaking story and yet the majority of comments are focused on debating if every part is completely accurate…

Maybe as a community here we could aim for a little more empathy. It could go a long way.

Your phrase was “not unusual.” Does the existence of something happening somewhere disqualify that thing from being unusual? This is a conflation of the macro with the micro. Not unusual how? Not unusual that in any given week that the US, with 70 million children, has a child shooting another? That may not be unusual. Unusual for your child neighbor next door to shoot another child? Very unusual, irrespective of where you live (even if you’re in the worst crime-ridden area of the country — still unusual).

Brace yourself for this one, but every day in the US people win the lottery. I am thrilled to know that this is not unusual.
Unusual is not the right word. Unusual is like seeing a cat ride a dog while wearing a cowboy hat. Winning the lottery is a low odds thing to happen to you as an individual, but it's a very common occurrence and not something I would describe as unusual. Same thing for gang related shootings done by children