What's new

A Non Rudy/Conley trade?

campaignist

An idea I've been kicking around. The Jazz are handicapped in improving the time right now-no real assets like picks or expirings. The Conley contract is the only big one, and I'm not even sure how valuable that is.

The only thing I can think of is consolidating whatever young guys we can in to at least one decent player. There seem to be a few options, depending on how they develop-Oni, Hughes, etc. So, I'm wondering what they could get to either A) get one more piece, and/or B) get under the tax. So:

Who could they package to improve their situation? Let's keep the core out (I'm including Ingles, Bojan, and Conley in the core, as a thought experiment.) I'd be willing to include Royce for the right deal.

Any ideas?

I think the problem we’d have is the guys who would have value would have value to teams putting the finishing touches on their roster (like Royce or Joe), and probably wouldn’t be offering any win-now pieces because that’s where they are, unless they have a glut at one position. I haven’t given it much thought, though, so maybe I’m wrong.

Jeff Green, Ed Davis and Tony Bradley were win now pieces and they didn't work.
When, pray tell, was Tony Bradley a win-now piece? I think even the most ardent supporters were “lol give him a few years and he’ll be a decent backup, and that’s pretty good for a late first rounder!1”

I'd be ok with the Jazz moving Royce or Clarkson if the right deal came along.

When, pray tell, was Tony Bradley a win-now piece? I think even the most ardent supporters were “lol give him a few years and he’ll be a decent backup, and that’s pretty good for a late first rounder!1”
When they told Willie Reed to head to parts unknown after the 2019 Vegas Summer League and after telling Ekpe see you later just earlier.

I just don't see the value in trading Royce or Clarkson. Combined, they make around $20 million while providing defense, offense and vital depth. They both seem happy, are signed to fair deals, are assigned clear roles by Quin and fit well in the lockerroom dynamic.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

Pretty sure the roster is happily set and no major trades will happen until at least the deadline, if even that.

And lol at us signing Clarkson just to trade him. Not going to happen unless something happens to where one or the other is unhappy.