What's new

A-Rod Suspended 162 games (plus postseason)

I would have cut his dick off and made him eat it. So, I think he got off pretty lite, tbpfhwy.

Why did he get suspended? I don't follow baseball because it sucks donkey balls.

With him getting a reduced suspension, the dude is gonna feel like he won a la a martyr.

MLB failure.

This could end up possibly being the end of his career. I still think he comes back in 2015. The punishment is a good one. Something I find interesting about ARod is that the man is said to have no self confidence whatsoever. It's really a wonder that he has made it where he has even with the PED use.

And yet, Pete Rose is banned from baseball. Does anyone really enjoy baseball anymore?

This could end up possibly being the end of his career. I still think he comes back in 2015. The punishment is a good one. Something I find interesting about ARod is that the man is said to have no self confidence whatsoever. It's really a wonder that he has made it where he has even with the PED use.

Ya, I don't see this being the end of his career... but it may be the end of his time as a member of the Yankees. Rumblings are the Yankees are going to try to spin this in ways that will allow them to try to void his contract. If not, he'll be back as a Yankee. And as a Yankee fan, I have to say I think that's a good thing. Our 3rd base options are absolutely putrid this year. We will need his talent on the hot corner, even if his bat is only middling. So once he's served his time, I'll welcome him back as a baseball player - even if I don't respect him as a person.

I agree, the punishment is good. If anything, it could have been too lenient, to agree with Trout. But it definitely sends a message.

As far as making it as far as he has... he may not be confident, but no one disputes that he's one of the hardest, if not THE hardest, workers in the game.

At least they can't take away the Yankees 2009 World Series win... <sigh>

the Yankees are going to try to spin this in ways that will allow them to try to void his contract.

This is the only interesting part of this whole saga.

You really think A-Rod brings anything to the table more than a year from now? He'll be about 40.

To me it's not about A-Rod the baseball player anymore its about A-Rod the contract. If I were a Yankee fan I'd be praying that the Yankees succeed in voiding the contract.

This is the only interesting part of this whole saga.

You really think A-Rod brings anything to the table more than a year from now? He'll be about 40.

To me it's not about A-Rod the baseball player anymore its about A-Rod the contract. If I were a Yankee fan I'd be praying that the Yankees succeed in voiding the contract.

Do I think he'll bring anything? Yes. He'll bring something. It certainly won't be in the neighborhood of what a $25 million salary deserves, but it'll be better than the alternatives at 3B we have going on right now.

Even WITH that knowledge, I am praying the contract gets voided (no matter how remote the chances are for that).