What's new

A Ty tidbit

zman1527

From the Trib re headbands:

""I haven’t seen a headband yet that helps a guy make a shot or a get a rebound," Jazz coach Ty Corbin said when asked this weekend about his team’s policy prohibiting them. "We’ve got towels if they want to wipe the sweat off their face."

Headbands have long been contraband around the Jazz, but Corbin said his personal feelings about their use date back to his time as a prep.

"My high school coach didn’t allow you to wear sweatbands, headbands," he said. "Everybody tucked their shirts in. It’s just part of being a team more so than individual stuff out there."

Okay, it is a small item but it gives a little more insight into the guy. He is stuck on what his high school coach did?????????? Wow, what a closed mind. Personally, if I was one of his players I sweat a lot so I WOULD find it easier to make shots and get rebounds without sweat dripping into my eyes. Ty, they aren't a fashion statement, they serve a purpose.

I understand trying to curb some individualism, but if it an item that can actually serve a purpose then I don't see why not. I dont have a problem with tucked in shirts and things, but this is a little ridiculous.

It almost seems like they are trying to prevent the "thug look". It might be a little racist what they are doing.

One Brow, back me up on this...

Its simple.

Ty seems like the kind of guy who likes, and gets distracted by, shiny things. A bunch of overly sweaty men moving at high speeds under thousand+ watt lights == 'the good life' for ol Ty

It's a mental thing. Some guys, imo, honestly do play better with headbands and whatever. Like, I would hate to wear those stupid jerseys with sleeves. Even though they supposedly don't restrict movement at all, it would still bug me, just knowing that I'm wearing sleeves while playing basketball.

""I haven’t seen a headband yet that helps a guy make a shot or a get a rebound," Jazz coach Ty Corbin said when asked this weekend about his team’s policy prohibiting them. "We’ve got towels if they want to wipe the sweat off their face."

Headbands have long been contraband around the Jazz, but Corbin said his personal feelings about their use date back to his time as a prep.

"My high school coach didn’t allow you to wear sweatbands, headbands," he said. "Everybody tucked their shirts in. It’s just part of being a team more so than individual stuff out there."

Okay, it is a small item but it gives a little more insight into the guy. He is stuck on what his high school coach did?????????? Wow, what a closed mind. Personally, if I was one of his players I sweat a lot so I WOULD find it easier to make shots and get rebounds without sweat dripping into my eyes. Ty, they aren't a fashion statement, they serve a purpose.

Stupidest post I've seen today? Yes sir.

You're really hating on the guy because he remembered, and then put into practice, what he learned in high school? If anything, that speaks volumes about his character and his respect for the game. I always loved that aspect of Sloan, and I was happy to see Ty keep the tradition.

If you're trying to tell me that headbands and sweatbands aren't a fashion statement, especially in todays NBA, then holy damn, how stupid do you think we all are?

DWill took off once he got his head band...........

QFT.

This is so stupid. High School is NOT the NBA. You don't have your names on the back your jersey either.

So no arm bands? Just use a towel right?

No tattoos right?

Come on Ty. GROW the **** UP man. These guys deserve to wear whatever the hell they want! Its how they PLAY that is important.

You can hide a razor under it and cut your opponent's tendon while on the floor out of flopping. It's random sportsmanship in jailhouse.

Or maybe it's just his lucky accessory. Give the guy a break. Forbidding small things means getting stuck to small things.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

I just wore them because it kept sweat out of my eyes. I never played street ball with a person wearing a headband.

Lol arm sleeves and stockings are allowed, and wtf do rubber bands serve purpose for? Headbands are beneficial; cut out the sweat n the eye thing that happens.

I agree. Headbands were originally sweatbands and served a functional purpose. Some people sweat more from their scalp and forehead. The prohibition is silly. Even it weren't functional, it is totally benign and Ty's objections are totally illogical.

OK it is the time... that this thread needs pics...

tumblr_ltakmxdkaB1qklpjio1_250.jpg

UriTQqe.jpg

Screen-Shot-2012-11-24-at-10.08.01-AM.png

hood.jpg

sheed.jpg

Slick%2BWatts.jpg

wopewpoposp.jpg