What's new

Abolish Rep

Should they keep Rep?

• Total voters

YB85

Banned
Contributor
It seemed like a good idea, but rep has probably caused more problems than it's worth. With all the back and forth bitching and infractions and suspensions/banning because of rep comments, maybe it's time to do away with the rep feature.

I dont' really care either way, rep always causes problems on forums I frequent, it's seems you really can't avoid it.

It seemed like a good idea, but rep has probably caused more problems than it's worth. With all the back and forth bitching and infractions and suspensions/banning because of rep comments, maybe it's time to do away with the rep feature.

Could you add a poll? I'd be interested to see what people vote, given choices of "keep rep", "abolish rep" or "don't care".

All it takes is for Trout to get punished and the rules and policies get reconsidered. Sloanfeld was right.

Which is totally why a moderator started this thread. Good job.

Doesn't matter. You quickly jumped on the bandwagon and then an admin asked for a poll.

Sloanfeld has been saying for months that we should abolish rep but it has never been considered by those in authority until now.

Doesn't matter. You quickly jumped on the bandwagon and then an admin asked for a poll.

Sloanfeld has been saying for months that we should abolish rep but it has never been considered by those in authority until now.

This is another instance in which you can't see behind the curtain. I've had a lengthy conversation with colton and Jason about a number of topics, the effect of rep on the board being one, over the last couple of weeks. In that sense, YB's timing is fortuitous.

Considering that Sloanfeld's final infraction came as a result of rep comments he left he is accurately described as part of the problem on this one.

Why am I surprised that Millsapa is questioning the legitimacy of this and arguing over it?

This is another instance in which you can't see behind the curtain. I've had a lengthy conversation with colton and Jason about a number of topics, the effect of rep on the board being one, over the last couple of weeks. In that sense, YB's timing is fortuitous.

Considering that Sloanfeld's final infraction came as a result of rep comments he left he is accurately described as part of the problem on this one.

The effect of rep was discussed at length publicly when you changed the system to make people's name known, and I mentioned that you were only creating a different set of problems.
You then resorted to your typical "if you don't like it go away" retort.

Of course I can't see behind the super secret iron curtain but it sure is "fortuitous" that the moment Trout got himself in trouble for the same thing as Sloanfeld and JSL then it was time to consider getting rid of rep all together.

Just saying.

True story: Trout has both texted and facebooked me today complaining about being suspended and claiming he didn't break any rules. Sometimes you just can't win in this business.

Of course I can't see behind the super secret iron curtain but it sure is "fortuitous" that the moment Trout got himself in trouble for the same thing as Sloanfeld and JSL then it was time to consider getting rid of rep all together.

Just saying.

If the moderators felt that the rep system should go (because of Trout's infraction, or whatever), we would just turn off the rep system. We wouldn't ask YB85 to start a thread about it.

Just saying.

If the moderators felt that the rep system should go (because of Trout's infraction, or whatever), we would just turn off the rep system. We wouldn't ask YB85 to start a thread about it.

Just saying.

I didn't say you asked YB to start a thread about it.

Just saying.