What's new

Actual MVP of the NBA?

If the title was "who wins in a one on one?" I would say lebron. I can even say lebron to the mvp question. I think curry is on the verge of getting solved by the league. At least he will be defended better in time if not stopped completely which is impossible. But one on one does not prove mvp right.

I find Curry to take dumb shot after dumb shot. The kid is a savant and I recognize this but he takes dumb shots all the time because, I suppose, they've oftentimes gone in. That still doesn't change the fact they're dumb.

Lebron is the obvious MVP and the obvious best player in the league. Curry isn't even the best on his own team.

People who say otherwise just want to be able to say they've watched another Michael Jordan live. Pathetic, really.

James.

Lol it's not even close.

James has been the MVP since he was drafted. Literally, he makes contenders from lottery teams and sells tickets and jerseys like no other athlete since Jordan.

Is he sometimes a bag? Sure. Not as big as dwade or Kobe. Put James on this Jazz team (or any other non playoff team) and we are in the WCF. Yes, he's that ****ing good.

As far as dominant players go, I thought Shaq was the most dominant. Scratch that. James is. He's not only an all time great bball player but an all time great athlete.

It's a toss up for me between James and Jordan as the GOAT.

Last edited:
James.

Lol it's not even close.

James has been the MVP since he was drafted. Literally, he makes contenders from lottery teams and sales tickets and jerseys like no other athlete since Jordan.

Is he sometimes a bag? Sure. Not as big as dwade or Kobe. Put James on this Jazz team (or any other non playoff team) and we are in the WCF. Yes, he's that ****ing good.

As far as dominant players go, I thought Shaq was the most dominant. Scratch that. James is. He's not only an all time great bball player but an all time great athlete.

It's a toss up for me between James and Jordan as the GOAT.
IAWTP

I find Curry to take dumb shot after dumb shot. The kid is a savant and I recognize this but he takes dumb shots all the time because, I suppose, they've oftentimes gone in. That still doesn't change the fact they're dumb.

That's whats so baffling! The shots Curry and Thompson take seem forced, off balance and way too far out to go in with any consistency, yet and still....THEY DO! Same way with Durant and Westbrook!

That's whats so baffling! The shots Curry and Thompson take seem forced, off balance and way too far out to go in with any consistency, yet and still....THEY DO! Same way with Durant and Westbrook!
I think what you are trying to say here is that durant, westbrook, curry, and thompson are part of the upper echelon of basketball players in the world.

LeBron might be the better player and is probably more important to his teams success (Though both of those statements are probably to tough to call) but the mvp award is basically an award that goes to the player who had the best year first and foremost with some part of it determined by team success. (Regular season)
By that criteria Steph deserved it by a landslide. That's why it was unanimous.

I think what you are trying to say here is that durant, westbrook, curry, and thompson are part of the upper echelon of basketball players in the world.

While they may be dumb shots for the rest of the world, if the shots consistently go in they cannot be considered dumb shots.

What they are doing is changing the definition of "dumb shot".

On the surface, I would have to agree with you 100%! However, ALL 3 point shots are basically "dumb" since a shot closer to the basket is more likely to be successful! That fact remains, that Curry and his partner in crime, Thompson, BOTH take and make a good chunk of those long 3 point, forced, hard to believe they can go in, shots! Lebron takes poorly selected 3 pointers as well, but is not nearly as successful as Curry and Thompson are! So back to the original question: although the Warriors would still win a good chunk of there games WITHOUT Curry, they would not have won 73 games without him! Put Lebron on the Warriors and I doubt they win 73 games. So, that being said, Curry is still the hands down MVP of the league!

While they may be dumb shots for the rest of the world, if the shots consistently go in they cannot be considered dumb shots.

Very good, astute observation! If you make a good chunk of those long 3 pointers, then the definition of "dumb shot" HAS been changed! They use to say "you live by the jump shot...you die by the jump shot!" Warriors have not been "dying" very much the last couple of years! I guess when they were growing up and playing basketball, they practiced 3 pointers and NOT "dunk shots" like most of the other clowns in this league do! That's why there so good at it? I remember Bobby Knight was asked what he thought of the new 3 point shot when it came into the college game years ago. He said, "doesn't bother me at all! There's only 3 guys in the whole country that can shoot them well....and I recruited 2 of them for my team!"

...well, after tonight's results, we may have to go back to the drawing board on our theory?