Add G or PF?

If you had to pick one

• Keep Rubio, send Favors, add PF

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Keep Favors, send Rubio, add G

Votes: 18 62.1%

• Total voters

jjscap

Two things are obvious: DM/Gobert/Jingles are here to stay and they need help offensively.

Rubio and Fav are starter level players but that don't fit well together. Losing both would be a mistake for a small market club. One of them should stick around a bit more as a luxurious 4th/5th option especially considering DM is on rookie contract for 2.5 more years.

So which scenario do you prefer? VOTE

The poll options got me conflicted. I want to upgrade the PF spot but I don't want to keep Rubio either.

The poll options got me conflicted. I want to upgrade the PF spot but I don't want to keep Rubio either.
I think upgrading the guard position is more important however I think that getting a better power forward is easier right now due to cost and availability.
I think Tobias would be my #1 target. I don't think many guards are actually available. I think Conley is about it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

love me some favs but I think we need another guard unless we get someone like AD at pf spot

Favors is playing 23mpg which is the same number of minutes during Al Jefferson's last season. He's also not finishing games and having his most effective minutes against back-up Centers. All for 17+ million.

QS has been making this work with smoke and mirrors but it's an unsustainable model if they're looking to go to the next level.

Jazz need a legit starting 4 that fits QS's offense - then I'd be okay with either Mitchell or Rubio at the point. If not Rubio then start Royce at SG.

1) I forget. Can we opt out of Faves this summer, and if so, extend him on a cheaper per year basis?
2) How do people think Conley’s game will age as he does?

1) I forget. Can we opt out of Faves this summer, and if so, extend him on a cheaper per year basis?
2) How do people think Conley’s game will age as he does?
1) To decline him means we surrender his bird rights, but we are free to re-sign him.
2) Don’t know. Shooting and passing can keep you around longer than if your game is based on something else.

Rubio and Exum for Conley, Carter and the Clips (protected top 14 this coming draft and next) 1st round pick that Memphis got in the Jeff Green deal.

If we are going to help them dump that much salary AND give them Exum, I think I could get on board with this given the potential 1st rounder back.

Rubio and Exum for Conley, Carter and the Clips (protected top 14 this coming draft and next) 1st round pick that Memphis got in the Jeff Green deal.

If we are going to help them dump that much salary AND give them Exum, I think I could get on board with this given the potential 1st rounder back.

.....you think WE get a first rounder in a Conley deal? Dawg....

.....you think WE get a first rounder in a Conley deal? Dawg....

Look at that contract. And we’d be giving them Exum and a solid PG in Rubio. I do.

Think of it another way. How many teams are there who’d even want to trade for him?

Dubs-No.
Thunder-No.
Nuggets-Possibly given their depth but I really, really doubt it.
Spurs-Maybe.
Blazers-No.
Lakers-No.
Clips-I really doubt it.
Rockets-No.
Kings-No.
Bucks-Maybe?
Celts-No.
Raptors-No.
Sixers-No.

I’d say maybe the Spurs but I doubt it give the amount of money they already have invested in their two older guys, Derozan and Aldridge. I doubt they want to be locked into another vet that long at that salary. Plus they really like White and have been playing very well.

I just don’t see many, if any, other possibilities that make good sense.

If they have the chance to get out from under that contract, pick up his potential replacement in Rubio at 20M less and get Exum, I think they may do it.

Last edited:

Bruh... they traded that pick.... and they ain’t doing that... they’d just keep him.