What's new

Ads causing issues with making posts.

TheGoldStandard

2022 Prediction Contest Winner
I am constantly having my cursor stopped by imbedded ads in the main forum to the point it makes posting a huge pain. Not sure how many others are having this problem, but it tends to happen more on my desktop and laptop.

I've definitely posted less because of it.

They've been discussion it in the thread below this one.

I don't want to admit to this but I've re-enabled my ad-block for this site because of it.

They've been discussion it in the thread below this one.

I don't want to admit to this but I've re-enabled my ad-block for this site because of it.
I was considering ad block, but know the ads make $ for the site. Normally don't mind them, but it makes my windows pc unusable for JFC. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

I was considering ad block, but know the ads make $ for the site. Normally don't mind them, but it makes my windows pc unusable for JFC. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
Yeah I have stayed silent on my "fix" hoping that it would be fixed by now, but the issue makes the site unusable for me so I'm doing what I have to do. Once fixed the ad-block will be removed.

Yes we have been discussing this for a while in the New Theme thread. I have provided all kinds of info to help figure it out. It just seems to be a "feature" of the ad system. Every about third ad that loads kicks my cursor out of the text box. And it isn't consistent either, seems to be random, at least from what I can see.

Yeah I have stayed silent on my "fix" hoping that it would be fixed by now, but the issue makes the site unusable for me so I'm doing what I have to do. Once fixed the ad-block will be removed.
My problem is I do most of my posting on mobile and I haven't found a good ad block that doesn't bog everything down. I am thinking of just using my tor browser for jazzfanz, maybe that will do it.

Finally was able to see this happen to me. We've reported it to the ad agency to address. Stay tuned and thank you for your patience.
fwiw it has appeared to be happening a lot less lately. I still get it about very third post, but it used to be 2-3 times per post, so that is significant improvement from what I can see.

But I also noticed the ads are nor refreshing at the same rate, they refresh much slower now. Maybe that has something to do with it.

I've removed the ads from the thread view page IF YOU'RE LOGGED IN for now as our ad provider hasn't yet found a solution. Thanks for your patience. Do comment if the problem persists for you though.

I've removed the ads from the thread view page IF YOU'RE LOGGED IN for now as our ad provider hasn't yet found a solution. Thanks for your patience. Do comment if the problem persists for you though.
I turned my ad blocker off after I read this. Just now I had an ad remove my cursor as I was typing and I turned my ad blocker back on. I absolutely do not want to run an ad blocker on this site, but getting the cursor yanked as I'm typing is too much for me.

Lately, this problem has gone away for me.
Same for the most part. Rarely now on my phone when the ad changes at the bottom it kicks me out, but that is about it. Nothing like before.