What's new

Afflalo is off the board!

Good. The more that other offers weaken the more likely it is that the Cavs deal with Utah.

@alexkennedynba
Remember, Arron Afflalo was being mentioned as a piece that Denver wanted to acquire to improve their Kevin Love offer. This could be big.

Posted this in other thread, but I guess this should go here?

I hope I'm wrong, but it seems to me that the Cavs are just trolling everyone.

Perhaps but the better the Jazz offer looks in comparison to the competition the better. I'm really pulling for a trade for #1 but I won't be upset if we stay with the 5th pick.

I hope I'm wrong, but it seems to me that the Cavs are just trolling everyone.

Could be.
It's a game of chicken. Cavs have a new GM who likely won't be as foolish as the last one. He's established a price he wants and a price he'll accept for the #1 pick. Right now, he's trying to get a bidding war going. And Orlando just stepped away from the table and went to their Plan B (if the rumored offer to Cleveland was ever true to begin with). Lindsey knows the absolute highest he's willing to go; Cavs demand over that and he hangs up the phone. It's going to be a fun day leading up to the pick. And really, we may not know until a little after the 5th pick is made if a deal has been struck.

Evan Fournier and 56th pick in 2014 Draft? Thats his value league wide? Then how in gods name is that going to be the piece Denver needs to get Love? A guy that was worth Evan Fournier and 56th pick in 2014 Draft?

Evan Fournier and 56th pick in 2014 Draft? Thats his value league wide? Then how in gods name is that going to be the piece Denver needs to get Love? A guy that was worth Evan Fournier and 56th pick in 2014 Draft?

Yup.

£¥£

Evan Fournier is only 21 and was underutilized in a bad system under a bad coach. You put him into a system and give him 48 mpg and he'll blow up.

This also frees up some cap space for Orlando, but still seems like they could have gotten more. I like Fournier though.