What's new

AK-47 to retire

Could have been a HOF'er. So uniquely gifted but coasted on his athleticism after signing his big deal instead of working to improve his game. Easily the biggest disappointment for me.

Was the most disappointing player to ever wear a Jazz uniform. There were worse players. But this guy had the talent to be great and never cared enough to try and get there.

I cant lie. At one point in time during his peak play, I had him pegged for future top 3 player in the league, competing with Kobe. OOPS

But his talents were unreal. He made Kobe, during his prime, look foolish one game here. It was awesome. He also made alot of money on a few games like that haha.

Thanks for all you did for the Jazz AK. best of luck in whatever you pursue.

I loved AK, even after the contract he gave us some really good games and was the Jazz, when we had non one else to root for on that team. He couldn't play second fiddle and never recovered from The Deron and Boozer days where he was the third or fourth option. Usually 4th. I think he wanted to live up to his contract, but was unable too as he didn't have the shooting touch and played in a system that didn't fit his style after John and Karl left. Yes it was different before, watch the tape. XOXO AK

Was the most disappointing player to ever wear a Jazz uniform. There were worse players. But this guy had the talent to be great and never cared enough to try and get there.

This times one thousand. after his 3rd season I thought that he could be the best player in the entire league. He was like a giant rope out there.

Andrei Kirilenko is arguably one of the world's most talented children of all-time.

Imagine if AK at his prime with the Jazz right now!
Gobert, Favors, AK, Hayward and Exum with Snyder as coach.

Think of what AK could have been if he's with the Snyder and/or Budenholzer.
If they were able to maximize DMC, think of what they could transform AK into!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L82qRUzevp0

Imagine if AK at his prime with the Jazz right now!
Gobert, Favors, AK, Hayward and Exum with Snyder as coach.

Think of what AK could have been if he's with the Snyder and/or Budenholzer.
If they were able to maximize DMC, think of what they could transform AK into!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L82qRUzevp0
How would that team score? No outside shooting, virtually none. You would be asking Hayward to average 25-40 outside shots a game.