What's new

AK 47's inability to finish at the rim

Archie Moses

I don't think I've ever seen in player in the NBA so weak around the rim. AK's inability to finish around the rim drives me nuts. He finishes at the rim about as well as this kid kicks a ball.
tumblr_l523w8H4z61qz7lxdo1_400.gif

Spectacular!!!
It's like he literally has straw for arms.
sb10064839x-001.jpg

I'll give him props for when he drives to the rim, but if there is any sort of contact, his elbows drops to his hips and he throws his arms and the ball wildly into the air. I don't know if he's trying act for a foul, or if he's really that weak. It's hard to imagine someone that weak, unless were talking jazzfanz members.
Al_Bundy_excited.gif

Seriously, all a defender has to do is touch him, and AK fails.

5 months of hard lifting really could do wonders for AK. Just saying.

e0323cc6-8e72-4277-b2a7-a0fc8b2acdab.jpg

If he can do it, AK can do it. Hell, he doesn't even have to lift. Get him to eat more. Get him to watch Man vs Food (always makes me hungry) Get him the Magic touch.
popcorn_2.gif

Agree, Kirilenko's one of the weakest players in the league with the basketball in traffic. That said, I'd take AK driving to the rim and flailing away like a crazy person when the ball gets knocked out of his hands any day over AK shooting 22-foot jumpers from the wing. When he takes a long-2 it's basically just a live-ball turnover - which he has had plenty of lately as well.

...Klinko may go down in NBA history as the biggest waste of white the league has ever seen! If this clown makes anything more than the league minimum after the next collective bargaining agreement.....it will be a travesty of catastrophic proportions!

...Klinko may go down in NBA history as the biggest waste of white the league has ever seen! If this clown makes anything more than the league minimum after the next collective bargaining agreement.....it will be a travesty of catastrophic proportions!

Seriously?

Seriously?

....well, when you consider how much money he makes per game, per half, per quarter, per point scored, per rebound grabbed.....he's got to be top 5. Now, granted....there's been some pretty bad white stiffs in this league who were paid a lot of money for producing next to nothing. Ostertag quickly comes to mind. But he pales into insignificance when you consider we are paying Klinko over $200,000 bucks per game to do what little he does!

AK can finish at the rim when he tries, it's just that he tries to draw fouls instead of actually trying to finish.

In other news, sounds like Kirilenko is out tomorrow night against the Clippers. Does Hayward get the start in his place?