What's new

AK didnt emerge

split his 17,823,000 dollars hes making this year into 82 games

$217,353 dollars per game

split his $217,353 per game into basic stats from tonights game to make an imaginary pay stub

Fg% -%14 (2 of 14) salary paid for service- $36,225
Rebs - 6 salary paid for service- $36,225
blocks - 1 salary paid for service- $36,225
assists - 2 salary paid for service- $36,225
Points - 11 salary paid for service- $36,225
TO's - 2 salary paid for service- $36,225

Andre will never be close to an All-Star again. What is truly sad is I was one of the people that argued he was worth max money. In my defense, I have been repenting for well over four years. He was a pretty good player until Eisley fell on his leg. Since then he has been largely disinterested on the court, and has played very cautiously, which highlights his inadequate offensive skills. Also, he spends offseasons trying to collect his free pass instead of working on his game/body to improve. Every once in a while he will apply himself just to show fans that he can actually make a positive difference. If Utah resigns him, it will show that the Jazz care nothing about winning. I wouldn't mind if they sign him for 3 years -9 million. That's right, I think he should pay the Jazz 3 million a year for the years of wasted talent, lack of effort, and most importantly for eating all the cap so Utah couldn't bring in decent players. AK sucks, and I would rather have Bell. That's saying alot, because Bell sucks. Ak has talent, Bell plays hard. In a perfect world, we could use the 20 mil they get to sign someone that plays hard with talent. Please GREG, DO NOT RESIGN ANDREA.

I was against signing AK to a MAX contract because he never showed me he was a MAX player. I just think many Jazz fans got caught up in the 5x5 stats that made AK unique. However, MAX players need to be able to show that they are the man of a good team. AK's best year was on a crappy team. AK's ego just jumps out in this article, he actually thought he deserved more than Boozer and Memo. In the NBA, if you can't shoot the ball rarely are you worth a Max contract.

Beside the fact that AK has a slim build and for many years he didn't work on his game, should have been a red flag to the organization. I just think LHM loved what he saw in AK and felt that if he rewarded him that he would work on his game. Unfortunately, it made AK less interested in his JOB once he signed the new contract.

Some day I would love to see people quit making excuses for AK. I never heard the Eisley excuse before. In the end each player is responsible for his improvement and AK failed on his own. He is just an average player who plays with less energy as he gets older. I think the Jazz should have dumped him in the Marion deal or McGrady proposed deal. I just hope they are ready to move on and that the Jazz do not re-sign him because I think AK is more concerned about getting his money instead of helping the team.

A fun walk down memory lane.....

Andrei Makes His Case

His price tag is set, and Andrei Kirilenko -- seeking a max-money contract extension from the Jazz -- doesn't seem willing to mark himself down.

"I want to get the money which I'm worth," said Kirilenko, whose agent, Marc Fleisher, is engaged in sputtering contract-extension negotiations with the Jazz. "That's it."

Actually, that's just the beginning.

On Wednesday, Fleisher said, "We're far apart on what we (the Jazz and Kirilenko's camp) both see his value as being." A deadline of Oct. 31 to either agree to terms or risk having the Jazz's 23-year- old All-Star forward become a restricted free agent next summer is fast approaching. So Thursday, Kirilenko himself made a case for why he will not back down from his demand for a six-year, $86 million deal....

...Chastised by Jazz owner Larry H. Miller for saying he was "a little unhappy" the deal was not done prior to the opening of camp last week, Kirilenko isn't sure what will happen now -- and isn't hesitant to say it.

"I don't want to say I'm discouraged, but -- that's life," he said. "That's life, and you can't bet what's gonna happen tomorrow or day after tomorrow.

"I want to be taken care of, but I'm always ready for bad," Kirilenko added....

...If it were to come to a worst-case scenario -- no extension signed -- Kirilenko insisted he will not be adversely influenced during his fourth year in Utah.

He did not sound terrifically convincing, however....
...With the Jazz signing Detroit center Mehmet Okur to a six-year, $50 million deal and Cleveland power forward Carlos Boozer to a six- year, $68 million deal this past offseason, Kirilenko feels he is next in line....

I was against signing AK to a MAX contract because he never showed me he was a MAX player. I just think many Jazz fans got caught up in the 5x5 stats that made AK unique. However, MAX players need to be able to show that they are the man of a good team. AK's best year was on a crappy team. AK's ego just jumps out in this article, he actually thought he deserved more than Boozer and Memo. In the NBA, if you can't shoot the ball rarely are you worth a Max contract.

Beside the fact that AK has a slim build and for many years he didn't work on his game, should have been a red flag to the organization. I just think LHM loved what he saw in AK and felt that if he rewarded him that he would work on his game...

wow, the article quoted in the original post is quite telling, and not in a good way as far as it reflects on AK...

good point about his best years being when Utah was a "crappy" team too

and what's more, not only did he not produce up to the standards that many were expecting at the time he signed the max deal, and not only did that max deal hamper other actions the team may have wanted to take, but his behavior and comments during 06/07 and 07/08 were a major distraction to the team as well

It's time to move past AK. He has some good games, but he's way too inconsistent. There are also serious questions about his work ethic, and dedication to the game of the basketball. Even at 7 million there is just too much bad blood. Better to move on, and continue with the rebuilding. AK's contract, and his inability to live up to it
maybe one of the biggest factors in the Jazz current state. His heath, and shooting stroke won't be missed either.

Of course he didn't emerge. AK is a charlatan of epic proportions who has pulled the wool over the collective eyes of many a Jazz fanz. I laughed when those with an agenda stated over and over again about AK "playing more free" now that Williams was gone. ********. Poppycock. I reminded them that AK played just as fantastic earlier in the year, WITH Williams manning the point, and then regressed like he always does. I was lambasted at that point.

While I don't find AK to be a cancer on the court as some of you have stated, he is what you see. He'll have his good games, but he'll also have these types of games.

I urge you fans to stop falling for the old AK okey doke.

AK and CJ have this in common: they are both mentally weak. AK is just a more talented, someone more intelligent player than CJ.

AK and CJ have this in common: they are both mentally weak. AK is just a more talented, someone more intelligent player than CJ.

true and Ak can be seen reading books, has CJ picked up a book in his life? guy is as dumb as a sack of rocks. we better let CJ go, whether we let AK go will be a question of money. he should give us a deal. we certainly can't afford overpaying him now with the team we currently have

AK could do the right thing and come out and say, I know i've been a money anchor, i want to keep playing here so i will give you guys a discount

true and ak can be seen reading books, has cj picked up a book in his life? Guy is as dumb as a sack of rocks. We better let cj go, whether we let ak go will be a question of money. He should give us a deal. We certainly can't afford overpaying him now with the team we currently have

ak could do the right thing and come out and say, i know i've been a money anchor, i want to keep playing here so i will play for free for 8 years

fixed

We definitely need to lock up Fragilenko for 8 mil/yr for the next 3 years. Look how he has shined in the absence of Hitler Sloan, villian Deron and backstabber Boozer.