What's new

AK for Bosh

KhaOZ

I've never posted a trade thread, and I dunno if this qualifies. It's more a question than a proposal.

What I wonder is, Toronto, knowing that Bosh is leaving and they may get nothing for him, since his coming year is a player option, would they do this trade? It's based on that they get to try AK on for size for at least half a year, and if it doesn't work out, they have a great trade piece in a huge contract that comes off the books soon. Is it worth it to them at all?

So, would Toronto sign and trade Bosh for AK?

EDIT: Sorry I didn't put a question mark in the title to show this is a question and not a rumor or actual trade. Wish I could edit that now.

I mean, it may be a completely stupid question, but for some reason I'm seeing it as Toronto has very few choices. They could lose Bosh for nothing, which maybe they already have like we have Boozer, or they could try and get some sort of value in return, even if it's not equal value.

Not a chance that Toronto does that.

Besides, doesn't Bosh have to agree to sign and trade? If I were him I'd control my own destiny and be the #2 sought after FA this summer.

Actually yea, I see your point. There are better players they could get for him for sure, but are they expiring? Utah would have to throw in a couple of 1st round picks probably. The trade is not completely outside of the realm of possibility, but it would likely take quite an amazing cascade of events for Boshley to end up in Utah.

Not a chance that Toronto does that.

Not saying you're wrong or anything. In all likelihood you're right, I'd just like to know why? Why wouldn't Toronto attempt to get some value in return for Bosh rather than let him go for nothing?

I've never posted a trade thread, and I dunno if this qualifies. It's more a question than a proposal.

What I wonder is, Toronto, knowing that Bosh is leaving and they may get nothing for him, since his coming year is a player option, would they do this trade? It's based on that they get to try AK on for size for at least half a year, and if it doesn't work out, they have a great trade piece in a huge contract that comes off the books soon. Is it worth it to them at all?

So, would Toronto sign and trade Bosh for AK?

EDIT: Sorry I didn't put a question mark in the title to show this is a question and not a rumor or actual trade. Wish I could edit that now.

If anyone is stupid enough to think this actually happened today then they deserve the disappointment they feel.

1. Why would Toronto want AK and his expiring contract...they'll just lose him next year most likely.
2. I doubt Bosh has his sights set on Utah.

Simple. Bosh doesn't agree to it. End of story.

True. I'm thinking wishfully based on the fact that he's friends with Deron. Again, just wishful thinking.

1. Why would Toronto want AK and his expiring contract...they'll just lose him next year most likely.
2. I doubt Bosh has his sights set on Utah.

1. An expiring contract is quite trade-able, where as is, they cant' trade Bosh unless he agrees to it.

2. See above. He probably doesn't, but as a Jazz fan, I have to wish and hope a little, no?

Bosh want's to be the go to guy. Well in utah's system he would be the go to guy, he would have a great running mate in deron who is also from texas. He would be on a team that could contend for a championship. I don't think he would have really any problem playing in Utah and for coach Sloan.

So basically if you are a free agent, you can sign wherever you want. If Toronto asked you if you wanted to do a sign and trade so they could get something in return, it would totally be up to you, the free agent, to decide if you wanted to do it.

It's not really even a matter of even being traded. To me the only reason you would let any team do a sign and trade with you is if they could work out a deal with the team that you already want to go to because you could get a one year longer contract and more money, because the team that is signing you before they trade you is the team that you played for for the last few years.

So the only reason a good Free Agent probably would let the team they are leaving do a sign and trade would be so that they could get more $$$$ and a longer contract.

Why were at it lets trade CJ for Lebron

If you think you can figure out circumstances like these that make it so both sides might even consider the idea, be my guest, but I think you're being a bit of a sensationalist. But, to each their own.

Too bad we're not NYC or Chicago, or a deal like this might actually happen.

Don't you hate that? I wish it wasn't about the city, and just the team. Can't say I completely blame players. Being a military brat as a kid and then working for the military as an adult, I appreciate the qualities of a good city that you enjoy. But then again, Hill Air Force base in Utah was one of my favorites, so I probably wouldn't mind being stuck in Utah :)

it would make so much sense for him to work with the best pg in the league but we still need another piece for contention and i think he prolly realizes that.