What's new

AK for Dalembert+Udrih?

jimmyjazz

AK for Dalembert (expiring) and Udrih (3 years, 6.6M next season). Jazz get a shot-blocking center and back-up PG. The Kings have been clearing contracts and dumping Udrih is what will make this deal work for them (apart from getting a skilled player but still expiring in AK).

To accommodate Dalembert/Memo as two-headed center and with Jefferson spending most of his time at PF, Sap will have to start at SF and only play some at PF (basically what was to be AK’s role). Udrih's overpaid but could be an upgrade as back-up PG and also play alongside Deron is some situations.

To round out the rotation, also start CJ at SG to make the starters big all around and bring Bell off the bench. If needed, also send Price back to Sactown to reduce salaries a bit.

DWill, Udrih
CJ, Bell (Udrih)
Millsap, Hayward (CJ)
Jefferson (Sap)
Dalembert, Memo (AJ)

AK is better than Dalembert (it aint close), plays at a position of need for the Jazz (unless you think Gordon is ready) and is also expiring. Paying a backup 1 $6.6mil is retarded.

Millsap a starter at SF? You're kidding, right?

I get the Dalembert + Udrih part and why the Kings would be willing to do this deal. I'm not sure I'd do it, though. Dalembert has been a major disappointment. And he'll be a FA. If the Jazz do trade AK, I'd like them to get a player who is signed for a couple of years.

Miles would not start over Bell at SG

Millsap would not play SF. We tried that years ago he can't guard any 3's.

The Kings would have no point guards on the team. And even if Evans plays PG for them they wouldn't have a back up point anymore.

Kings are loaded at the SF position. They have Wright, Casspi, Greene and still have Garcia. AK isn't a huge need for them. But does upgrade the position but I don't see why the kings would do that.

And it would suck to pay a back up point guard 6 million a year for 12 minutes a game. And he wouldn't play much SG.

Horrible trade idea. Sorry.

Also its not even possible. Because Dalembert was traded recently he cannot be traded with another player. He can only be traded by himself to another team.

I posted this in "What Does KOC Have Up His Sleave?"

Our remaining tradable assets (in order of value) are: Millsap, AK, CJ, Memo....

I'll do Millsap/Memo for Dalembart/Landry but I doubt SAC would want to take on our add'l yrs in contracts.
A straight, AK for Dalembart doesnt really help us as a defensive unit.

AK is better than Dalembert (it aint close), plays at a position of need for the Jazz (unless you think Gordon is ready) and is also expiring. Paying a backup 1 $6.6mil is retarded.

Well, you could say Chris Paul is better than Al Jefferson but who would you rather have playing for the Jazz? The Jazz have long had a need for a shot-blocking big, even until now with Jefferson on board as KOC even said.

As to that $6.6M, yep Udrih's overpaid, but that money will anyway just go just 1/3 toward paying AK. Trading AK (and probably Price's expiring too) would get the Jazz a shot-blocking center and, as would be necessary to make the Kings bite, also a back-up PG.

The Jazz can still try starting Millsap at SF, where he'd spend say 2/3 of his PT and 1/3 at PF. Sap would overmatch many of the league's SFs. Melo and Lebron would of course be problematic (for which SF wouldn't it be?) but up to the likes of Artest, Sap should do OK. And the Jazz also have CJ and Hayward capable of playing SF.

AK for Dalembert (expiring) and Udrih (3 years, 6.6M next season). Jazz get a shot-blocking center and back-up PG. The Kings have been clearing contracts and dumping Udrih is what will make this deal work for them (apart from getting a skilled player but still expiring in AK).

To accommodate Dalembert/Memo as two-headed center and with Jefferson spending most of his time at PF, Sap will have to start at SF and only play some at PF (basically what was to be AK’s role). Udrih's overpaid but could be an upgrade as back-up PG and also play alongside Deron is some situations.

To round out the rotation, also start CJ at SG to make the starters big all around and bring Bell off the bench. If needed, also send Price back to Sactown to reduce salaries a bit.

DWill, Udrih
CJ, Bell (Udrih)
Millsap, Hayward (CJ)
Jefferson (Sap)
Dalembert, Memo (AJ)

SERIOUSLY

why do people think millsap can play SF

REALLY stop with that ludacris idea. get it out of your head millsap cant play small foward unless shaq plays sf on the opposing team!

Miles would not start over Bell at SG
Yes he could. Raja hasn't even played in the NBA for some time now. Bell was a nice veteran addition but he'd probably be better coming off the bench.

Millsap would not play SF. We tried that years ago he can't guard any 3's.
Yes he could in many situations. Your operative phrase being 'years ago'. Sap now has a reliable jump shot and if even Harp played SF for the Jazz, Sap can guard some 3s. Adjust if needed.

The Kings would have no point guards on the team. And even if Evans plays PG for them they wouldn't have a back up point anymore.
The Jazz could send them Price if they want. Or they could get some scrub. The Kings would be more interested in dumping Udrih. And they could just play Cousins and Whiteside at C. They're aiming for more lottery balls next year.

Kings are loaded at the SF position. They have Wright, Casspi, Greene and still have Garcia. AK isn't a huge need for them. But does upgrade the position but I don't see why the kings would do that.
Do they even care? They'll be in it for the fact they're getting a big expiring.

And it would suck to pay a back up point guard 6 million a year for 12 minutes a game. And he wouldn't play much SG.
Nope, if ever, Udrih won't be just playing just 12 minutes as he could play alongside Deron in some situations. Even that rook Maynor played alongside Deron in the small line-up. Udrih could also bring some stability to the bench. And that 6M anyway just goes 1/3 toward paying AK. In a couple of years Udrih would be a tradable expiring if he exercises his player option.

Also its not even possible. Because Dalembert was traded recently he cannot be traded with another player. He can only be traded by himself to another team.
See Coon's FAQ. He can't be packaged with other players only for two months. Dalembert can be so traded again by mid-August.