What's new

Al jeffercat

Michael Jordan may want an established low post scorer in exchange for the #4 pick. Al Jefferson is an established low post scorer. One of the best actually. S&t for the #4. Then they have him locked up for 5

Michael Jordan may want an established low post scorer in exchange for the #4 pick. Al Jefferson is an established low post scorer. One of the best actually. S&t for the #4. Then they have him locked up for 5

dude, this is not alice in wonderland

Trey Burke/Schroeder
Gordon Hayward
LeBron James
Enes Kanter
Derrick Favors

This should be a playoff team.

Umm, why would Charlotte need to do a sign and trade. Jefferson is an UFA. Any team under the cap can simply sign him. While it's true Utah could give him an additional year and more money, I seriously doubt there will be a bidding war for Al, nor will a team be willing to give him MAX money for MAX years.

Umm, why would Charlotte need to do a sign and trade. Jefferson is an UFA. Any team under the cap can simply sign him. While it's true Utah could give him an additional year and more money, I seriously doubt there will be a bidding war for Al, nor will a team be willing to give him MAX money for MAX years.
That extra year can no longer be included in a sign and trade (same goes for the higher raises).

I'm sure they have a bad contract we could take off their hands in addition to sending them al. Is T squared tyrus Thomas still under that crappy contract?

Bro, Al is a free agent. The Cats can just sign him to a big deal if they really want him.

Thanks, I'd forgotten that. What's the incentive for sign and trades now?
2 scenarios:

1. As Jay is referring to, it can help a team below the cap rid themselves of unwanted players that the sign-and-trading team wants.

2. Players can be sign-and-traded to teams over the cap.

Changes things a great deal, as the sign-and-trade was THE way for players to get full max contracts (that is, with the extra year and own team raises) with other teams. A consequence of the change might be that more players demand to be traded on December 15th every year (after signing 5 year free agent deals with their own team). We'll see.

They sure as hell could put that money somewhere else. He didn't even get minutes last I checked. And went toes with his coach? They don't want him

Bobcats are committed to 40 Mill next season with 13.2 owed to Ben gordon and 8.7 for TT (Thomas has one more year at 9.4) They have qualifiying offers to Byron Mullens and Gerald Henderson.

I think Al is a great fit for the Hornets, and I believe there will be multiple teams courting him this summer.

Bobcats have the cap room to just sign Jefferson independently as a free agent. No need to trade #4 and I don't even think that trade is allowed.