What's new

Al Jefferson to Utah? ...Mark Stein's Twitter reports

truebludarlz

STEIN_LINE_HQ

ESPN.com sources: MIN/DAL talked Al Jefferson trade all weekend and moved closer to deal. But NO done deal yet as Wolves also in talks w/UTA

What do you guys think? Would he be worth the risk with his huge contract?

STEIN_LINE_HQ

ESPN.com sources: MIN/DAL talked Al Jefferson trade all weekend and moved closer to deal. But NO done deal yet as Wolves also in talks w/UTA

What do you guys think? Would he be worth the risk with his huge contract?

Negative rep. must spread more.

Why are people ripping on this poor guy? Stein really did say that...

It also appears that the Mavericks have some fresh competition for Jefferson from the Utah Jazz.

It is unclear, though, what other assets Utah would be willing to part with in a Jefferson deal after losing Boozer and Kyle Korver in free agency and with a decision looming on whether to match the five-year, $34 million offer sheet Portland has tendered to Jazz guard Wesley Matthews.

https://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=5374674

That would be great if we can get Jefferson. He is a great low post presents. I believe he is 6.10 and can play Center. What a pick up if we can grab him.

That would be great if we can get Jefferson. He is a great low post presents. I believe he is 6.10 and can play Center. What a pick up if we can grab him.

I would absolutely LOVE to get another undersized center who is known to be a defensive liability. That would rock my socks.

Give this guy a warning already. I hold Kicky to his word on what he would do if someone else made another Jefferson thread. WARNING, WARNING, WARNING!!!!!!!!

If the Jazz are gonna take a chance at bringing in a guy with a bigger contract, this would probably be the guy. Only 25 years old, averaged 17 and 9 last year but his previous 2 years in Minny he was over 20 ppg and 10 rpg. In the power forward friendly offense of the Utah Jazz, this guy could possibly exceed what Boozer was giving us, and with his age he could do it for longer.

I already know the negatives on this guy, but anybody we bring in at this point is going to have question marks. Don't know if the Jazz have the ammo to get it done, but I'd like to see it.....

I personally would rather trade AK for Jefferson for the financial reasons. They would probably buy out AK's contract but I would think AK would sign somewhere else. But if we can get Jefferson than we should do it either way. I think Jefferson is a upgrade over Okur on defense. And a better option on offense. We would be improved from last year.

If we used the trade exception for Jefferson than I would not resign Matthews even though I like him a lot. Wouldn't be financially smart.

D-Will - Price - Gaines
Brewer - Hayward
Miles - AK (Lamar Odom role)
Millsap - AK - Evans
Jefferson - Okur - Koufos

Let Fesenko go i guess?

Only reason I would want AK off the bench is because Brewer can't shoot and Okur wouldn't be starting. Need to balance out the floor.

This is a new thread based on a new twitter post (and now article) that has new information. It's not the 8th version of the same speculation and it's not cluttering up the boards the way the last threads did.

And Shaggy, seriously? Let's talk when you get your training wheels off and become a real member of the board.

I'd love me some Al to play center. A front court of Al and Milly would be great. IMO, better defensively than Booz and Okur and more athletic