What's new

Alec Baldwin shoots and kills one, injures another.

Alec Baldwin now claims he didn't pull the trigger on the gun that killed the cinematographer. All I have to say is that it doesn't work like that. This may have been an older gun but I would put everything I have on that trigger being pulled.

Yeah, don’t get it myself unless it was cocked back and the hammer just broke.

Yeah, don’t get it myself unless it was ****ed back and the hammer just broke.
Yeah, that's like a 1:1,000,000 type of deal in my opinion.

I think Alec has seen too many Hollywood movies where guns just sort of go off and thinks that's how they work. For as long as guns have existed post flint-lock one of the primary most important features is that the gun only fires when the trigger is pulled.

Alec Baldwin now claims he didn't pull the trigger on the gun that killed the cinematographer. All I have to say is that it doesn't work like that. This may have been an older gun but I would put everything I have on that trigger being pulled.
He might actually remember it that way. Trauma does weird things to a person.

He might actually remember it that way. Trauma does weird things to a person.
I get that it could be the trauma of the whole thing, and he is going through some stuff I hope no one ever has to go through, can't imagine. However, I would not be surprised to find out that his PR machine is trying to help him with damage control. You bet your bottom dollar that he has been spending this time that he has been out of the public eye dealing with this thing largely talking to his lawyers and his personal management team working on damage control. I would think they could come up with something better than this, as this is the equivalent of the smarmy politician saying "I cannot recall" to everything if that is the case. But given that they have had ample time to process this on his team and work through a publicity strategy, I would bet that his assertion that he didn't pull the trigger is really what he remembers.

Supposedly the gun had misfired twice before this happened. Not sure if the gun was simply defective, and a bump would make a cocked hammer release.

The articles I have read regarding prior misfires don't provide any additional details. They appear to make it sound as if there were unanticipated discharges, but that isn't what a misfire actually is, so it is unclear to me.

If the gun was broken and the hammer could release without pulling the trigger, the armorer should be culpable (and potentially Baldwin if he was aware it was broken). Seems like the armorer will likely take the brunt of any charges.

If he had his finger on the trigger when he pulled it back it would just release, and he technically would not have "pulled" the trigger, I guess.

There is another guy on set (can’t remember his job) who says baldwins finger was always outside the trigger area (trigger guard?) and that he pulled back the hammer and released it and thats what caused it to fire. Kinda like in those westerns when you see the gunslinger just quickly fanning the hammer for faster shooting without ever touching the trigger

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

There is another guy on set (can’t remember his job) who says baldwins finger was always outside the trigger area (trigger guard?) and that he pulled back the hammer and released it and thats what caused it to fire. Kinda like in those westerns when you see the gunslinger just quickly fanning the hammer for faster shooting without ever touching the trigger

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
To fan the hammer they hold the trigger down the whole time. That's what allows it to release freely. The hammer could have malfunctioned.

Sounds like there will be an announcement today in regard to charges.

Charges filed...2 counts of involuntary manslaughter for Baldwin and the armorer each.

Baldwin should’ve known that the armorer ****ed up? It’ll be interesting to see how the jury sees this.
There were many failings in regard to how "prop" guns were handled and Alec Baldwin is the producer in addition to being the person holding the gun when it fired and killed a person. He was the head ************ in charge of a situation where leadership failed in their duty to protect the people working on a set where actually real guns being used as props were going to be pointed at people and the trigger was going to be pulled.

The people who quit in protest and the multiple issues that happened before the day when an absolutely innocent person was shot and killed should have resulted in a freeze of production until all issues regarding firearms handling was addressed. Baldwin, in his role as producer, should have known and almost certainly did know about these issues and he failed to act. Not only did he fail in his responsibility as the producer he, with all that producer level info and level of responsibility, also was an actor who was going to take these guns and point them in the direction of humans and pull the trigger.

He committed involuntary manslaughter in my opinion, no contest. I think he could have been charged with negligent homicide and it would have been a debate and I would have taken a wait and see stance. Involuntary manslaughter, I think he gets convicted and then slapped on the wrist. I think it'll be a really hard slap on the wrist but a slap on the wrist all the same.

There were many failings in regard to how "prop" guns were handled and Alec Baldwin is the producer in addition to being the person holding the gun when it fired and killed a person. He was the head ************ in charge of a situation where leadership failed in their duty to protect the people working on a set where actually real guns being used as props were going to be pointed at people and the trigger was going to be pulled.

The people who quit in protest and the multiple issues that happened before the day when an absolutely innocent person was shot and killed should have resulted in a freeze of production until all issues regarding firearms handling was addressed. Baldwin, in his role as producer, should have known and almost certainly did know about these issues and he failed to act. Not only did he fail in his responsibility as the producer he, with all that producer level info and level of responsibility, also was an actor who was going to take these guns and point them in the direction of humans and pull the trigger.

He committed involuntary manslaughter in my opinion, no contest. I think he could have been charged with negligent homicide and it would have been a debate and I would have taken a wait and see stance. Involuntary manslaughter, I think he gets convicted and then slapped on the wrist. I think it'll be a really hard slap on the wrist but a slap on the wrist all the same.
With the firearm escalation on 1 of the charges, he could be looking at up to 6 1/2 years in prison.

I don't know what I think his punishment should be. I would say that he's been doing this so long that it's second nature to assume the gun only has blanks in it, and if he was told "cold gun," well, he hired the guy who told him that. I don't know who is at fault. If I were him, even with as rich as he is, I would take a plea and take the fall for it, otherwise nobody is ever going to want to work on a film he makes again.

With the firearm escalation on 1 of the charges, he could be looking at up to 6 1/2 years in prison.

I don't know what I think his punishment should be. I would say that he's been doing this so long that it's second nature to assume the gun only has blanks in it, and if he was told "cold gun," well, he hired the guy who told him that. I don't know who is at fault. If I were him, even with as rich as he is, I would take a plea and take the fall for it, otherwise nobody is ever going to want to work on a film he makes again.
I think he's done in Hollywood regardless.