What's new

Alec Burks

bigmike

Is he alive? Is there any updated timetable on his return?

I no longer factor him into long-term plans, but for this season alone, if we could add a serviceable Burks and healthy George Hill back to this rotation, watch out.

It was tweeted that after his workout tonight he dunked the ball while passing it between his legs mid air.

I expect him back shortly lol.

When I attended the games two weeks ago, one of the attendants there said he's due back around Jan. 1. Not sure where she got that.

Wasn't training staff, just a lady who worked for the Jazz. Probably heard it through the grapevine, I'm thinking. It sounds about right though if the reports about Burks doing fancy dunks are true.

God damn it you are dense.

Im' wondering where his minutes come from even if he does come back.

Hill/Mack/Exum/Neto... He's not playing any PG.
Hood/Ingles He could see time here, but, at the expense of Ingles or Hood??? It's really tough to break in vs. those two. Maybe if Ingles comes back to Earth.
Hayward/Johnson ? Maybe. Johnson has been pretty good for us and Burks is a lil small for the position, but, in certain matchups this might be his best chance to see the floor.

Long story short, even if he comes back healthy I think you are looking at an 8mpg guy. Until we suffer the next injury anyway.

I guess exum is going to get benched.

I could see the jazz play him to see if they can increase his trade value.

I was trying to look at how minutes could be distributed but with Ingles play there just isn't any way for ME to figure it out. The jazz are 12 deep with players that need to play

Hayward
Gobert
Hill
Hood
Favors

Diaw
Mack
Exum
Johnson
Ingles
Lyles
Burks

Sent from my Z981 using JazzFanz mobile app

Hood/Ingles He could see time here, but, at the expense of Ingles or Hood??? It's really tough to break in vs. those two. Maybe if Ingles comes back to Earth.
Hayward/Johnson ? Maybe. Johnson has been pretty good for us and Burks is a lil small for the position, but, in certain matchups this might be his best chance to see the floor.

Long story short, even if he comes back healthy I think you are looking at an 8mpg guy. Until we suffer the next injury anyway.
Lol

Sent from my SM-G930P using JazzFanz mobile app

It was tweeted that after his workout tonight he dunked the ball while passing it between his legs mid air.

I expect him back shortly lol.
I witnessed a bad *** windmill dunk before the Dallas game.
And he was working out for a long time before that game and I, being the big Burks homer that I am, watched closely. He looked great. Ran great, shot the ball great, elevated great, cutting great.
He has to be close.

I think he takes minutes from Hayward and Hood to be honest. He's a starting caliber player, and it's a long season. I think Quin will want to rest them more when we're at full strength.

Burks has been trade bait for the past two or three seasons. He got hurt every time. Not many GMs will give up a well adjusted, skilled player who' s bought into a team concept to trade for a injury prone, overpaid, inexperienced Burks.

I say bring him back let him play 30 minutes a night and let everyone else rest. When he gets hurt again in the second week of February, the rotation can go back to what it was.