What's new

Alec's decision making improving

phippsj

I have been one of many on this board to point out that Alec's decision making has been troubled at best. However, I will also recognize (unlike many) that players can and do improve week to week, or even game to game.

Nobody has ever doubted his athletic ability and his value as an isolation player (although we do doubt if the Jazz system will acknowledge his unique ability here and take advantage of it). However, his decision making has always been a week point in his game. The last game against Houston I thought he did a much better job of finding a way to meld his "attack" mentality with the Jazz offense. He seemed to be building good chemistry with Hayward in particular. However, he seems to understand when to attack and when to hold back. Still not perfect, but improving.

Here's hoping he gets his jumper back to at least what he was doing last year.

When Rush and Williams are back there is no excuse for him to be coming off the bench now.

good to see he's #3 in apg so far. He has the ability pass, we've all seen it, his problem has been that he tends to put his head down and crash to the rim when a better opportunity could be found, but he seems to be doing a little of both now.

Amazing that more minutes played would allow someone to improve. Who would have thought?

Amazing that more minutes played would allow someone to improve. Who would have thought?

Alec Burks deserves 48 mpg to expedite his training. Anything less means he won't progress at all. PT is all that matters.

Alec Burks deserves 48 mpg to expedite his training. Anything less means he won't progress at all. PT is all that matters.

It certainly would be more beneficial than 0 minutes. I know that you and the coaching staff feel people can get better with zero practice and zero reps, but science says otherwise.

I have been one of many on this board to point out that Alec's decision making has been troubled at best. However, I will also recognize (unlike many) that players can and do improve week to week, or even game to game.

Nobody has ever doubted his athletic ability and his value as an isolation player (although we do doubt if the Jazz system will acknowledge his unique ability here and take advantage of it). However, his decision making has always been a week point in his game. The last game against Houston I thought he did a much better job of finding a way to meld his "attack" mentality with the Jazz offense. He seemed to be building good chemistry with Hayward in particular. However, he seems to understand when to attack and when to hold back. Still not perfect, but improving.

When Rush and Williams are back there is no excuse for him to be coming off the bench now.

In 2K14, he scores 33 points per game. I have done nothing with'em. No edit. Not even played with the Jazz yet. I think he would at least hang around 25-30 points per game with more accurate shooting and better FT percentage.

He is not too far from exploding.

in nba 2k14 enes kanter is averaging 25.8 pts and 12.5 with 4.3 assists. No edits.

Gotta start association as soon as I get the chance.

But I've found an editor named Alec smth and damn he made a good software to do anything you want with the game.

I am thinking of handsoming some unfair parts of the roster.

He played nearly flawless last game. The only thing more perfect than his performance was Ty Corbin's game planning.

He has improved but he still doesn't use picks very well. And his selection of jumpers isn't great. But overall he is looks like a rotation player.

I've noticed this as well. Im glad to see he's been able to improve in this regard. The team needs him!