What's new

Alex Smith Watch 2010-2011

KatieMCR

This is for you Trout. I had to put up with a lot of ribbing from you for showing my support for Smith as the 49ers QB. Now this year it is finally all coming together very nicely. I believe this is the year Smith will finally serve you up a nice plate of crow. I'll be posting in this thread after each game with my evaluation of his performance this season.

Smith was named the starter at the start of training camp. There has been no QB competition this year. For the first time in his career he finally has the same OC for a 2nd consecutive season. He is healthy, and on top of his game. He was also named a 49ers captain for the first time in his now 6 year NFL career. I am excited to see what Smith can do for the 49ers this season. I can't wait for Sunday.

I may as well post my prediction for the season as well. I am going with 11-5, NFC West Championship, and at least one playoff win. It's going to be a great season for 49ers fans.

This is for you Trout. I had to put up with a lot of ribbing from you for showing my support for Smith as the 49ers QB. Now this year it is finally all coming together very nicely. I believe this is the year Smith will finally serve you up a nice plate of crow. I'll be posting in this thread after each game with my evaluation of his performance this season.

Smith was named the starter at the start of training camp. There has been no QB competition this year. For the first time in his career he finally has the same OC for a 2nd consecutive season. He is healthy, and on top of his game. He was also named a 49ers captain for the first time in his now 6 year NFL career. I am excited to see what Smith can do for the 49ers this season. I can't wait for Sunday.

I may as well post my prediction for the season as well. I am going with 11-5, NFC West Championship, and at least one playoff win. It's going to be a great season for 49ers fans.

Damn, even Salty thinks this post is a bit Ute homerish.

I'm touched that you thought of me, really. I wish you well in your quest for whatever it is you're trying to prove.

On the flip side, however, I'm going to be here as well pointing and laughing.

I'll drink the Kool-Aid. Smith is a talented QB who was thrust (albeit thrust with a lotta dough) into perhaps the worst situation possible. The Niners have been an organizational train wreck since before he got there. But things have been improving, especially since Singletary showed up. Smith has a break out year. Niners win the NFC west.

For the record, I've been a Niners fan for decades. Even when Young was there.

The 49ers are in the worst division in the NFL. They could go 8-8 and win the division. They have a great defense, but I'm not convinced the offense will do much.

The 49ers are in the worst division in the NFL. They could go 8-8 and win the division. They have a great defense, but I'm not convinced the offense will do much.

The talent is there on offense. It's amazing what a QB can become when they have a reliable running game and a pocket to throw from. I'm anxious to see what Smith can do behind this rebuilt offensive line. I think that has always held him back, along with the constant change of coordinators. The weapons are there on offense. Gore, V. Davis, Crabtree, Morgan, Ginn, and Westbrook. The OC is finally back for a 2nd season. That's pretty solid...they obviously need to prove it on the field, but I'm optimistic.

I'll bet anything that their record will be closer to the reverse of that.

I'll bet anything that their record will be closer to the reverse of that.

I would take that bet in a heartbeat. Considering they were 8-8 last year, I see absolutely no reason why they would regress (barring massive injury problems). Especially with their division opponents as weak as ever.

Beware of the Cards. Just saying. Yes, their QB situation appears to be a debacle but Whisenhunt's a very good ****ing coach and they'll play d and still score some points. And Niners fans, dont count on Anthony Davis stepping in as a savior on the o-line. As a Rutgers fan, I can say dude has major brainfarts. Often too.

The talent is there on offense. It's amazing what a QB can become when they have a reliable running game and a pocket to throw from. I'm anxious to see what Smith can do behind this rebuilt offensive line. I think that has always held him back, along with the constant change of coordinators. The weapons are there on offense. Gore, V. Davis, Crabtree, Morgan, Ginn, and Westbrook. The OC is finally back for a 2nd season. That's pretty solid...they obviously need to prove it on the field, but I'm optimistic.

So what will the excuse be if Smith fails this season? Or will some people finally admit he's a bust? I'm not saying he's going to fail, but I'm FAR from convinced he's an NFL QB.

Alex Smith himself doesn't particularly interest me, but we're big 49'ers fans in our house, and big fans of Mike Singletary - -all the more reason to hope they do well.

Did anyone see the "expert" predictions on ESPN.com? The Niners had two votes as SB Champs which made them the 5th or 6th most likely team to win it all. Now don't get me wrong, I like the Niners a little bit (admittedly because of Alex Smith), but come on. They have no place being one of the top 5 most likely for the championship. I see them making the playoffs, but I don't even see them being a top 5 in the conference (Saints, Pack, Boys, Vikes, G-men).