What's new

All Good in the HOOD *Highlights*

Is there anyone else who even comes close to Rodney as the steal of the draft?

Maybe Jordan Clarkson?

He's the perfect player for Quin's system. A smart player who plays with poise, unselfish, always probing, looking to pass or make plays for himself. Nice high release 3pt stroke and very consistent too.

He kinda reminds me of how Danny Green plays for the Spurs... nothing flashy but helps the team win.

That drive and the spin into a fadeaway @ 0:33 is some elite stuff.

Hayward just chillin' in the corner Exum style @ 0:52 for a solid 10 seconds. Normally always curls up to Gobert in that situation. The guy is spent. I'm assuming Snyder also told him to lay low and have the youngsters initiate more of the offense.

That drive and the spin into a fadeaway @ 0:33 is some elite stuff.

Hayward just chillin' in the corner Exum style @ 0:52 for a solid 10 seconds. Normally always curls up to Gobert in that situation. The guy is spent. I'm assuming Snyder also told him to lay low and have the youngsters initiate more of the offense.
Yeah Quin has been public about resting Hayward and Favors and giving the bench some court time.

Yeah he's also very shifty. No he doesn't have elite athleticism, but because he is always a 3pt threat, defenders have to guard the shot giving him an opportunity to drive and use that length of his to finish over smaller defenders.

He doesn't have a lot, but he has 'enough' and gets the job done.

I love Rodney's game. He has such a deceptive pull up jumper in the lane. If you watch him, he can pull up without having his shoulders squared and still get off a soft shot in the lane. I'm really surprised at how well he can handle the ball. When Hayward isn't in, they initiate the offense through him. I'm amazed we got him at 23.

Hood and Hayward are a good pair to have on the floor together. Both can create, shoot the 3, run an offense and have handles. Gives the Jazz the ability to open up the middle for fav and stifle.

Hood has looked way legit the past few weeks. I was really excited when we drafted him last year and its good to see him healthy. I didn't think he would be this good though...looks like a really smart player too. IMO is easily the steal of the draft.

Man, Hood looks better than I thought. He's doing some Paul Pierce-caliber things on offense where he's a triple threat--drive, shoot, pass. He's becoming a smooth, heady player.

Also, I love the quick, crisp passes from Rudy and the quick-release jumpers from Favors.

I love Rodney's game. He has such a deceptive pull up jumper in the lane. If you watch him, he can pull up without having his shoulders squared and still get off a soft shot in the lane. I'm really surprised at how well he can handle the ball. When Hayward isn't in, they initiate the offense through him. I'm amazed we got him at 23.

Yeah agreed on the pull up comment. Also because of his deceptive length and long arms for the SG position, he could rise above most SG and shoot over them. He has a soft touch on that shot as well which always help.

Man, Hood looks better than I thought. He's doing some Paul Pierce-caliber things on offense where he's a triple threat--drive, shoot, pass. He's becoming a smooth, heady player.

Also, I love the quick, crisp passes from Rudy and the quick-release jumpers from Favors.

Yes yes yes!! He is not as athletic as Hayward is, but his 3pt shooting is legit so defenders have to respect that. Plus he hasn't made a stupid/selfish decision out there on the court yet (not that I can remember).

If you were to put him on a scale, you'd see him on one end, and Dion Waiters on the other BBIQ wise.

Hid is showing mind-blowing comfort on offense as a rookie wing. It really is quite staggering.

I can't remember the last wing who was taken after 20th that looks this comfortable initiating offense.

Hid is showing mind-blowing comfort on offense as a rookie wing. It really is quite staggering.

I can't remember the last wing who was taken after 20th that looks this comfortable initiating offense.

Yeah and on top of that consider that he was out for almost half the season with injuries and still able to come in and fit right in, is quite amazing. Definitely mature beyond his years.

He looks more like a 3rd year player than a rookie. If this kid can put it all together he could be something else. Hood and Hayward are our Jordan and Pippen. Can't wait to see what he does this off season.

Hood has looked way legit the past few weeks. I was really excited when we drafted him last year and its good to see him healthy. I didn't think he would be this good though...looks like a really smart player too. IMO is easily the steal of the draft.
Funny thing is the Jazz just may have the "steal" of the draft 2 years in a row now with Rudy the year before.

Funny thing is the Jazz just may have the "steal" of the draft 2 years in a row now with Rudy the year before.

And we still have people saying Dennis Lindsey "hasn't proven anything yet." He's Acquired Trey Burke, Rudy Gobert, Dante Exum and Rodney MFin Hood Via draft. As much as people here hate Trey he is still a valuable bench player, and Dante Exum is starting to grow as of late.

He also hired Quin "Americsn Psycho" Snyder as our head coach.

I think in three years we're going to see a team that is tough as nails with the majority of the team built off of draft picks acquired by Dennis Lindsey. Rome wasn't built overnight.

I also believe that when this team is established we will have a 60 win season and have instilled fear into teams like no other. I am very optimistic about Hood. I think he can become a quality guard much like Richard Hamilton was. He may be the next superstar for all we know.

He looks more like a 3rd year player than a rookie. If this kid can put it all together he could be something else. Hood and Hayward are our Jordan and Pippen. Can't wait to see what he does this off season.

Its like OH EMM GEE guys there was no scouting report about this pre-draft. Rudney has ten good games healthy and OMGOMOMG MOM.

Rodney has greatness destiny my friends. Pick ur tongues up off the ground.

Just to change the subject, doesn't Fav's 15 footer look automatic?

It's awesome to see him nail those with confidence.
He doesn't even think about it, sees he has space, shoots it, scores.