What's new

All Hail President Hillary

nah.

Hillary will be Pres because she's earned it, paid her dues to the puppeteers. She won't do anything different from what Cruz woulda done, actually, because they all just dance to the music.

well, actually, saying that brings to mind some Indian snake charmer playing a flute and the cobra rising up out of the little long-necked bottle. Yah, that's exactly what we have in Hillary. And I don't mean she can play a flute.

Wow, I guess anyone supporting another candidate must suck it! You really put others in their place.

Wow, I guess anyone supporting another candidate must suck it! You really put others in their place.

Babe trolls with the best of them.

I'm torn on the Hillary thing. I mean, she can't be as bad as trump, right? RIGHT? .. right?But supporting her with my vote gives me the heebie jeebies.

I'm really hoping for interventions on both sides... but it's far less likely in the DNC.

Pretending Clinton will be no different as president than Cruz or Trump is massively deluded. Supreme Court appointments over the next four years alone will affect almost every aspect of our lives for decades. Certainly two, and possibly three or four justices, will be appointed in the next four years. This will have a drastic change in the make up of the court. No more unpredictable 5 to 4 rulings on the most important issues of our times.

If Clinton is elected Citizens United will likely be overturned. And on the docket is everything from abortion rights, voting rights, union rights, and affirmative action. The future of Obamacare and Obama’s executive actions on clean air and immigration will also be decided.

Many people don’t think of Clinton as a progressive, but she very much wants a progressive Supreme Court. In contrast, Trump or Cruz would appoint solid conservatives in the Scalia mold. Moderate nominees like Obama’s Merrick Garland are not in the cards for whomever the next president might be. The Supreme Court will either be a solidly liberal court or a conservative court for decades to come and it all depends on the 2016 election.

Pretending Clinton will be no different as president than Cruz or Trump is massively deluded. Supreme Court appointments over the next four years alone will affect almost every aspect of our lives for decades. Certainly two, and possibly three or four justices, will be appointed in the next four years. This will have a drastic change in the make up of the court. No more unpredictable 5 to 4 rulings on the most important issues of our times.

If Clinton is elected Citizens United will likely be overturned. And on the docket is everything from abortion rights, voting rights, union rights, and affirmative action. The future of Obamacare and Obama’s executive actions on clean air and immigration will also be decided.

Many people don’t think of Clinton as a progressive, but she very much wants a progressive Supreme Court. In contrast, Trump or Cruz would appoint solid conservatives in the Scalia mold. Moderate nominees like Obama’s Merrick Garland are not in the cards for whomever the next president might be. The Supreme Court will either be a solidly liberal court or a conservative court for decades to come and it all depends on the 2016 election.

That is a valid consideration. It could well be the biggest legacy of this upcoming presidency. If I lived somewhere other than Conservative Central, it might make me think of voting for Hilary (since I also want a progressive Supreme Court).

Pretending Clinton will be no different as president than Cruz or Trump is massively deluded.

The way she speaks to people will be different than trump.

Trump is a dick. He will really upset the leaders of other countries. Probably start wars simply from hurling insults at world leaders

Supreme Court nominations... Yep, I'm voting for Clinton. No way in hell I want Trump making those decisions.

Supreme Court nominations... Yep, I'm voting for Clinton. No way in hell I want Trump making those decisions.

That's actually one of the best reasons to vote for Trump instead of Clinton, imo. I don't see Trump appointing a political ideologue. I see him appointing a centrist. It's just not Trump's kind of battle. He would want to appoint a judge that had the most bipartisan support ever. A winner judge.

Well, Congress could just pass a new healthcare bill called, euphemistically, JusticeCare. A program whose mission is to keep the Supreme Court intact via the sort of medical care David Rockefeller gets, effective immortality through technology. . . .

Pretending that our Bigs will let their wagon overturn is what I call massively deluded. I have faith, belief stronger than my belief in God, that Interests will take care of themselves through political means. Fascism is not a political system left to the vagaries of opinion or public sentiment, to the contrary, public sentiments are expertly orchestrated to achieve the desired stable result, the welfare of the Bigs.

Trump might have started out as Hillary's tactic to divide the chumps, but Trump knows the way things work, and it looks like he's decided to be the real deal.

That's actually one of the best reasons to vote for Trump instead of Clinton, imo. I don't see Trump appointing a political ideologue. I see him appointing a centrist. It's just not Trump's kind of battle. He would want to appoint a judge that had the most bipartisan support ever. A winner judge.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ♪alt13 again.

Truth.

What makes you think Trump would appoint conservatives?

I wouldn't be surprised if he only appoints Victoria Secret models just to mess with us (and to make must-watch reality TV).

The way she speaks to people will be different than trump.

Trump is a dick. He will really upset the leaders of other countries. Probably start wars simply from hurling insults at world leaders
Shrillary's nails on a blackboard voice ought to keep us all safe, right?

Shrillary's nails on a blackboard voice ought to keep us all safe, right?
Good point. I think at least she can avoid hurling insults though. I'm not a fan of Hillary but trump comes off as a horrible horrible person.

One other problem with Hillary is that some countries are not very progressive and might simply be insulted by the fact that they have to deal with a woman in political worldly discussions.

Good point. I think at least she can avoid hurling insults though. I'm not a fan of Hillary but trump comes off as a horrible horrible person.

One other problem with Hillary is that some countries are not very progressive and might simply be insulted by the fact that they have to deal with a woman in political worldly discussions.
That's a pretty sexist perspective. There have been a lot of female world leaders and they have done fine. My problem with Hillary is not that she's a woman. My problem is almost everything else.

So my only legit alternitive is Trump. Oy. I'm actually not nearly as worried about you about the way he would communicate with other world leaders. In fact, I think Obama's pansy ways have created way more problems than they have solved. My biggest problem with Trump is that he's an arrogant narcissistic SOB who doesn't even know what he stands for and mostly just gets off on the power trip.

That's a pretty sexist perspective. There have been a lot of female world leaders and they have done fine. My problem with Hillary is not that she's a woman. My problem is almost everything else.

So my only legit alternitive is Trump. Oy. I'm actually not nearly as worried about you about the way he would communicate with other world leaders. In fact, I think Obama's pansy ways have created way more problems than they have solved. My biggest problem with Trump is that he's an arrogant narcissistic SOB who doesn't even know what he stands for and mostly just gets off on the power trip.
I have no problem with Hillary being a woman and I'm not sexist. Are there but countries in the middle east that treat women and think of women as lesser beings? Don't we have to deal with those countries on a somewhat regular basis? That's all I was saying. Damn. I'm the one who is trying to get people the vote for Hillary.

I have no problem with Hillary being a woman and I'm not sexist. Are there but countries in the middle east that treat women and think of women as lesser beings? Don't we have to deal with those countries on a somewhat regular basis? That's all I was saying. Damn. I'm the one who is trying to get people the vote for Hillary.
If some backward middle eastern country can't handle who we vote for president than I say **** 'em. That is, unless we vote Hillary for president and then I say **** us.

Or if we elect Trump, then same thing.

If some backward middle eastern country can't handle who we vote for president than I say **** 'em. That is, unless we vote Hillary for president and then I say **** us.

Or if we elect Trump, then same thing.
I just think that some world leaders that the US is forced to deal with are probably sexist.
I don't think it should stop us from electing her president though. I could simply invision scenarios where it might be a negative in negotiations and what not. The world leader might not even let on that he is sexist but then make decisions on policies and whatnot based of his sexism without anyone ever knowing about it.

I guess same thing could be said for other world leaders being racist too though.
Can't please everyone all the time I guess.

Ya, **** em

I just think that some world leaders that the US is forced to deal with are probably sexist.
I don't think it should stop us from electing her president though. I could simply invision scenarios where it might be a negative in negotiations and what not. The world leader might not even let on that he is sexist but then make decisions on policies and whatnot based of his sexism without anyone ever knowing about it.

I guess same thing could be said for other world leaders being racist too though.
Can't please everyone all the time I guess.

Ya, **** em
Couldn't be worse than the Iran deal that Kerry/Obama agreed to... except that Hillary is apparently in favor of that. Man, we've got world-class idiots negotiating for our country. Trump will probably win by pounding on this issue alone. idiocy.

What makes you think Trump would appoint conservatives?

I wouldn't be surprised if he only appoints Victoria Secret models just to mess with us (and to make must-watch reality TV).
In the past few months Trump has said his favorite justice is Clarence Thomas and has named William Pryor and Diane Sykes as judges who represent the values he wants to see on the Supreme Court. All three are very conservative. If that’s not a wide enough sampling, Trump, from just a few days ago, on who he will name to the Supreme Court:

"I'm going to actually lay them out. I'm going to discuss people ... I think before the convention. I want to put 10, 12, 15 names of the type of people that we'd like.”

So, apparently, we won’t have to wait too much longer to parse everything about the people he wants and judge their relative conservatism. I’m going to guess every one of them will be conservative enough to be acceptable to Mitch McConnell, Orrin Hatch, ect.