What's new

All Star Weekend Thread

Ok guys, I think I figured our the reasoning behind Jazz highlighter-yellow. :p

All-Star-23-Player-Pool-V2-16x9-1-1568x882.jpg

Salt Lake City, You're a shinning star. You are getting a ton of press coverage on all Oklahoma City local & national affiliated television stations and our city's two
Radio talk shows:

The Sports Animal WWLS 98.1 FM Oklahoma City and The Franchise 107.7 FM Oklahoma City.

Also, Inside the NBA just disclosed that reserves will be drafted first to counter the "who gets picked last" talk.

That is the dumbest thing I've heard this year so far.
its the allstar game nothing makes sense never has.
This entire spectacle is really not entertaining, unless you are really ****ing board, really ****ing old, or really ****ed in the head and enjoy feeling like you are in an episode of lost in space from the 70's. Danger danger will robinson.
I plan on watching all of it, smh

They're doing this All Star Celebrity Game, introduced by Ben Affleck. It's mildly entertaining. Doesn't look like people are too keen to take a charge from DK Metcalf.

its the allstar game nothing makes sense never has.
This entire spectacle is really not entertaining, unless you are really ****ing board, really ****ing old, or really ****ed in the head and enjoy feeling like you are in an episode of lost in space from the 70's. Danger danger will robinson.
I plan on watching all of it, smh
Eh, I hate to invoke "the olden days" but in the 70's-80's-90's they took it as a point of pride with the whole east vs west thing and some of those games were among the most entertaining of the year. Yeah defense was never the Hallmark of the game, but by no stretch was it completely absent, and as the time wound town in the 4th quarter they would ratchet up both offense and defense because they legitimately wanted to win the game. But it's morphed into a bunch of entitled douches running layup drills and throwing high fives and trying to one-up each other with no one giving a single **** about the game or the fans. It felt like there was a time when they understood they were there to entertain the fans and give a good showing for the ones paying them to play a kids game and winning was a matter of pride. Now they **** on the fans, care only about making themselves look good and their pride is in their multi-hundred-million dollar contracts. And frankly they don't hide any of it. It shows true disdain for the people who spend their money for the entertainment and make it so these over-grown man-children can experience wealth on a nearly unfathomable scale before they turn 30. It's part of what makes players like Conley such a breath of fresh air as it feels like he's one of the few who doesn't let that entitlement become his entire persona and actually shows *gasp* gratitude for what he has been "blessed" with, however you choose to define that.

They're doing this All Star Celebrity Game, introduced by Ben Affleck. It's mildly entertaining. Doesn't look like people are too keen to take a charge from DK Metcalf.
This is my first time watching this game in a lot of years, but I'm actually enjoying this. Watching Calvin Johnson and DK Metcalf play sports with Hassan Minhaj, Guillermo, and Janelle Monae is something

This is my first time watching this game in a lot of years, but I'm actually enjoying this. Watching Calvin Johnson and DK Metcalf play sports with Hassan Minhaj, Guillermo, and Janelle Monae is something
This is the worst basketball I’ve ever seen… and I coached like 1st and second graders… it’s a fun time though.

Took two of my kids to the game tonight. Tayshaun Prince is on the concourse.

Ryan Smith can be really cringe at times, but it's still note-worthy the culture he's bringing to the franchise. I mean the fact that we have DWade as a decently involved minority owner is just weird but cool.

Is Janelle Monet in the celebrity game? **** I would have bought tickets for that. One of the most attractive people on the planet.

Is Janelle Monet in the celebrity game? **** I would have bought tickets for that. One of the most attractive people on the planet.

She also provided thee highlight of the entire All Star weekend.

She got put in the game while other team was taking a free throw. She looked to coach Wade for instructions and he told her guard number 4 on other team. That team made the free throw, Monet’s team inbounded and Monet was guarding number 4! Dwyane Wade was yelling at her, “We on offense! We on offense! We on offense!” He said it about ten times, but Monet was doing her best to stay with number four on other team.

Believe me it was one of the funniest things I have seen in a sporting event. On offense and she was trying her best to stay with an opponent!