What's new

All Star Weekend Thread

Eh, I hate to invoke "the olden days" but in the 70's-80's-90's they took it as a point of pride with the whole east vs west thing and some of those games were among the most entertaining of the year. Yeah defense was never the Hallmark of the game, but by no stretch was it completely absent, and as the time wound town in the 4th quarter they would ratchet up both offense and defense because they legitimately wanted to win the game. But it's morphed into a bunch of entitled douches running layup drills and throwing high fives and trying to one-up each other with no one giving a single **** about the game or the fans. It felt like there was a time when they understood they were there to entertain the fans and give a good showing for the ones paying them to play a kids game and winning was a matter of pride. Now they **** on the fans, care only about making themselves look good and their pride is in their multi-hundred-million dollar contracts. And frankly they don't hide any of it. It shows true disdain for the people who spend their money for the entertainment and make it so these over-grown man-children can experience wealth on a nearly unfathomable scale before they turn 30. It's part of what makes players like Conley such a breath of fresh air as it feels like he's one of the few who doesn't let that entitlement become his entire persona and actually shows *gasp* gratitude for what he has been "blessed" with, however you choose to define that.

Exactly this!!! There is no competitive spirit to it anymore. Where a team was a band of brothers who went to war each night to get the win. Now it’s just a business. Players have their own image now. Not about the team or the competition anymore. Sad to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

This announcer should ask Draymond how it feels to be so insecure in his masculinity that he feels he has to resort to schoolyard bullying to feel like a man. And how often that keeps him from performing with a woman. That's the question I would ask him.

Why did Clarkson go so slow?
Yeah they didn't try at all. They should have subbed out Sexton. He obviously can't run.

Also we need to get Kessler some 3's in-game.

It's pretty obvious the rookies are the only ones who care about this one.