What's new

Almost half of male managers are uncomfortable participating in a common work activity with a woman

Also

75% of male managers are completely inept. A recent joint study by the New England Journal of Modern Anthropological studies and the Peter Smith Center for Economic Research found that 3 out of 4 male managers could be replaced by a paper weight and it would have a positive effect on both earnings and production.

In response to the study Dale "Big" Johnson, a middle manager at the Misogyny Corporation, said "Preciate, ya! Daps?"

Stunning study. All must read.

I have a dream that someday men will treat women like human beings.
so what is treating like a human being. opening a door and holding it open letting the woman walk through? some women like that, but some say you need to open and hold doors open for animals en pets

please be specific

I have a dream that someday men will treat women like human beings.
I am not exactly sure what that means but I agree. I do my best to just treat women as people. My wife and I are partners, and I think she has had the harder job over the years, by far. I have several peers that are women, and 3 of the 4 managers working for me right now are women, and at least 2 of them could probably do my job better than me (always hire people smarter than you, it makes your job easier). But I can see the sexism rampant in everything from advertising to movie roles to school functions to salaries, etc. My daughters have grown to be strong women, I am happy to say, but it is also clear they still have uphill battles in life. I have a lot of respect for the women in my life.

This is a lot like racism, white privilege or whatever you want to call it. It is pervasive and will be devilishly difficult to eradicate.

so what is treating like a human being. opening a door and holding it open letting the woman walk through? some women like that, but some say you need to open and hold doors open for animals en pets

please be specific

I do not understand why some men get hung up on the "open door" scenario. If you are in a position where it makes sense to open a door for someone, man or woman, do so. If it becomes some weird, awkward gesture, don't do it. Open a door for a human being, man or woman, if it is helpful to that man or woman and you are in a good position to do so. Simple.

I do not understand why some men get hung up on the "open door" scenario. If you are in a position where it makes sense to open a door for someone, man or woman, do so. If it becomes some weird, awkward gesture, don't do it. Open a door for a human being, man or woman, if it is helpful to that man or woman and you are in a good position to do so. Simple.
was just an example. but women like it when you do it. women of all ages. even my niece of 2 years old :D.

but being treated like a human being depends on your standards ofcourse

I wonder if this holds true for the adult film industry?

Certain industries like movies, television, advertising and some others have had cultures where promiscuity is common and part of the normal culture. By this, I mean both men and women taking liberties. Maybe this is changing. As a manager, I'm keen to be careful about who I hire, whether men or women.

jordan peterson wondered aloud in a vice interview. whether men and women should work together.

even suggested maybe they shouldn't wear make up or heels. because those accentuate evolutionary sexual signs. like high heels accentuate the buttocks. and how make up makes the face red. which is also a sexual sign of fertility. but hey he got crucified for it.

he wondered whether we should have that discussion

jordan peterson wondered aloud in a vice interview. whether men and women should work together.

even suggested maybe they shouldn't wear make up or heels. because those accentuate evolutionary sexual signs. like high heels accentuate the buttocks. and how make up makes the face red. which is also a sexual sign of fertility. but hey he got crucified for it.

he wondered whether we should have that discussion

Like Saudi Arabia then. Sounds like a a smart person right there.

Like Saudi Arabia then. Sounds like a a smart person right there.
he only said we need to have the discussion. after all to er is human.

if a woman sends out "sexual signals" whether willingly or not, maybe she is sending it to someone else, or maybe she is not aware she is sending them out.
should men be chastised for sending out their own sexual signal. these discussions need to be had

he only said we need to have the discussion. after all to er is human.

if a woman sends out "sexual signals" whether willingly or not, maybe she is sending it to someone else, or maybe she is not aware she is sending them out.
should men be chastised for sending out their own sexual signal. these discussions need to be had

Someone wanting to look good doesn't mean they want to be harassed. Are you from the 1300s?

Someone wanting to look good doesn't mean they want to be harassed. Are you from the 1300s?
looking good and sending sexual signals are different things from a science perspective(evolutionary biology, psychology etc.) i thought the left was the side of science. and yet another ad hominem. your post are filled with ad hominems

looking good and sending sexual signals are different things from a science perspective(evolutionary biology, psychology etc.) i thought the left was the side of science. and yet another ad hominem. your post are filled with ad hominems

You don't know anything about science. So arguments might work when you're talking to the infant-level intellects of r/The Donald, not here. Human psychology doesn't tell you that someone wearing make up wants to be harassed. I've never had a problem with that concept. Why do you?

Also

75% of male managers are completely inept. A recent joint study by the New England Journal of Modern Anthropological studies and the Peter Smith Center for Economic Research found that 3 out of 4 male managers could be replaced by a paper weight and it would have a positive effect on both earnings and production.

In response to the study Dale "Big" Johnson, a middle manager at the Misogyny Corporation, said "Preciate, ya! Daps?"

well that only makes sense really, if you think about it.
(you don't even have to think very hard)

After all, a paperweight isn't going to collect a salary so of course that would be a positive for corporate earnings - and it's certainly not going to create more work for anyone or come up with any hair-brained projects that prove to be a waste of time, so production will improve.