What's new

"Alternative Facts": Trump's War on the Media

I'm posting this, after reading it last night, because I want it to be part of the public record in this particular thread. I can't recommend reading this highly enough. The best analysis of what's going on that I have read to date. Man, what an eye opener this is!!!

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-media-steve-bannon-donald-trump-nigel-farage

"You can take an existing trending topic, such as fake news, and then weaponise it. You can turn it against the very media that uncovered it. Viewed in a certain light, fake news is a suicide bomb at the heart of our information system. Strapped to the live body of us – the mainstream media."

I'm posting this, after reading it last night, because I want it to be part of the public record in this particular thread. I can't recommend reading this highly enough. The best analysis of what's going on that I have read to date. Man, what an eye opener this is!!!

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-media-steve-bannon-donald-trump-nigel-farage

"You can take an existing trending topic, such as fake news, and then weaponise it. You can turn it against the very media that uncovered it. Viewed in a certain light, fake news is a suicide bomb at the heart of our information system. Strapped to the live body of us – the mainstream media."

is this fake news?

[video=youtube_share;B-hwxaSiLrY]https://youtu.be/B-hwxaSiLrY

sure seems weaponized to me!

is this fake news?

[video=youtube_share;B-hwxaSiLrY]https://youtu.be/B-hwxaSiLrY

sure seems weaponized to me!

No, Dutch, it isn't. It's the most educational piece on the origins of fake news I've ever read. I cannot recommend it enough. You would learn a great deal reading it. I'm absolutely certain anybody would. I should think, from your own perspective, it would be seen as a great development, actually. Unless you're referring to the video you posted in your reply. I have not watched it. But the article I posted will teach anyone more on the origin and future of this trend then virtually anything else you'll come across. And, as I said, it should read as a good development from your perspective.....

Actually, I imagine you are in fact referring to the video you posted. I'm much more interested in the educational value of the article I posted, and considered using it for a new thread altogether. At any rate, I hope you read it....

No, Dutch, it isn't. It's the most educational piece on the origins of fake news I've ever read. I cannot recommend it enough. You would learn a great deal reading it. I'm absolutely certain anybody would. I should think, from your own perspective, it would be seen as a great development, actually. Unless you're referring to the video you posted in your reply. I have not watched it. But the article I posted will teach anyone more on the origin and future of this trend then virtually anything else you'll come across. And, as I said, it should read as a good development from your perspective.....

Actually, I imagine you are in fact referring to the video you posted. I'm much more interested in the educational value of the article I posted, and considered using it for a new thread altogether. At any rate, I hope you read it....
Speaking to dutch rationally will never work.
I applaud your effort though.

if it is not fake news, a cnn employee who calls him self a journalist is spreading a LIE!

loretta lynch never ever ever ever recused herself from anything!

he is openly spreading misinformation!

Weaponized Narrative is the New Battlespace:

https://www.defenseone.com/ideas/2017/01/weaponized-narrative-new-battlespace/134284/

"Weaponized narrative seeks to undermine an opponent’s civilization, identity, and will by generating complexity, confusion, and political and social schisms. It can be used tactically, as part of explicit military or geopolitical conflict; or strategically, as a way to reduce, neutralize, and defeat a civilization, state, or organization. Done well, it limits or even eliminates the need for armed force to achieve political and military aims.

The efforts to muscle into the affairs of the American presidency, Brexit, the Ukraine, the Baltics, and NATO reflect a shift to a “post-factual” political and cultural environment that is vulnerable to weaponized narrative. This begs three deeper questions:

How global is this phenomenon?

Are the underlying drivers temporary or systemic?

What are the implications for an American military used to technological dominance?"

if it is not fake news, a cnn employee who calls him self a journalist is spreading a LIE!

loretta lynch never ever ever ever recused herself from anything!

he is openly spreading misinformation!

Dutch, I'm afraid we are just inadvertently confusing each other. When I said no, it isn't fake news, I was referring to the article I posted just prior to your reply that included the CNN link. And that's because, when you asked me "is this fake news?", I thought you were in fact asking that question regarding the article I posted. In retrospect, I should have simply edited in a reply that was less confusing to you. I still have not watched that video, Dutch. I only brought the thread back up because I honestly believed the article I posted taught me more about how fake news is actually generated then any other information I have come across. And, since this thread involves "alternative facts" and "alternative news", I wanted that article to be part of the public record here. It really should be read by anyone interested in the development of fake news and the "post fact" era. I take it you did not read it, and would prefer to just carry on with a *** for tat argument. I was not interested in doing that, to be honest. Although that may seem out of form to you. Despite my many flaws, education on the subjects at hand has always been my principle aim.

[MENTION=146]DutchJazzer[/MENTION], I suggest you read the article I posted in comment #221. I posted it for all our benefit. I would not have brought the thread back up if I did not think everyone, that's everyone, would understand this subject far better if they did. You don't have to respect me. I don't mind if you don't. But, that article was just too informative to simply ignore it, and instead lapse into an argument over Loretta Lynch and CNN. At least read the article and comment on it, the article. I mistook what you were saying, but, really, I'm not going to just say "OK, screw the article I posted, let's let Dutch rant in my face instead". No. I did not bring the thread back up in order to argue with you. You're free to post whatever you wish, but I was only interested in getting that important article into the public record in this thread. I'm sure, at a future date, I'll enjoy engaging in screaming and !! with you. Just not today....