What's new

Am I The Only One Who Wants Marv Williams Back?

phippsj

I thought he started the year off pretty well. I would love to see what he could do without BA in the offense, and without those nagging injuries. Good defender... good veteran presence. Hope he comes back. Seems like the type who could accept the 6th man role.

I thought he started the year off pretty well. I would love to see what he could do without BA in the offense, and without those nagging injuries. Good defender... good veteran presence. Hope he comes back. Seems like the type who could accept the 6th man role.

I think he is very mediocre and the main reason I don't want him back is that he takes away minutes from DeMarre who has everything that Marvin doesn't have -- fire, grit, determination, and energy.

i woul love to get marvin williams if i where a spurs fans.

Yeah still not too sure what happened to Marv. last year... was he not getting our offense? He just didn't seem very assertive.

Marvin's using his contract year to get heathy. He'll be out longer than expected, come back in March, play 15-20 games, show he can run the floor and then hope for the best in free agency.

He'll continue to say all the right things because he's a high character guy; but he doesn't want to be in Utah. Last year killed his market value.

Motion carried.

You are officially the only person who wants Marvin back.

You're not the only one, I've posted a few times that I thought Marvin was done an injustice by Corbin last season. Williams ISN'T assertive. But he's a good defender and a pretty good shooter. All he needs are a few plays run for him. Throw him the ball when he's open for a 3. Ask him to cut to the basket or even teach him the Harpring curl. But there was no room for that in the "Alfense" last year. It was all about Jefferson. You saw how crappy Hayward played as a starter. And it was the same with Marvin. If the ball wasn't in the low post with Jefferson, it was in the hands of Firin' Foye, who never passed up an opportunity to launch a 3. Even Millsap eventually just gave up hope. Williams CAN BE a pretty good SF. He'll never be an all-star, but I think he can be a solid starter or a decent backup in this league. But he needs to be involved. Last season is ENTIRELY on Corbin.

I DON'T want him back but since he back lets look on the bright side. I think we used him incorrectly last year. During preseason when he played so well he was playing a lot more free and we weren't using him as a spot up shooter. Maybe with our dramatically different roster we can find him a better role that actually utilizes his strengths.