What's new

American Fork vs Serra Gardena (Utah #2 vs Cali #22 HS football)

Al-O-Meter

I love these interstate contests. There is a difference in culture. The football team culture is stronger in Utah generally but the club sports seem stronger in California and the weather in Southern California means the athletes train year round. The training advantage usually beats stronger team culture as was on display last week with Mater Dei going in to Texas and steamrolling perennial powerhouse Duncanville on their home field. I do think American Fork has a solid shot as they are the number 2 ranked team in Utah while Serra Gardena is not even in the top 20 of Cali teams.

Serra Gardena is located in Los Angeles but the game is 100 miles to the south in San Diego so technically both teams do have to travel. I'm not saying it is equal, but at least it isn't being played at Serra. It'll be a little on the warm side today with expected temperatures around 79°. Kickoff is at noon local which is 1PM Mountain.

American Fork put up 49 points in the 3rd quarter and STOMPED Cali's Serra-Gardena!

AF-v-SG.jpg