What's new

an edgier Utah Jazz in 18-19?

It's both lol, I don't judge people by their tats at all but if you tat your face I don't ever want to hear about how you can't get a good job
Bodyguard or hit man. Maybe circus performer? That's about it.

56STARTATTOOFACEARTIST_display_image.jpg

Last edited:
Can anyone explain all the cheap shots taken against Rubio?

One of the most inexplicable things I've seen in the NBA.

If it were jingles, I'd get it.

I think some players were trying to intimidate him out of his shooting renaissance. Some probably don’t like him because he’s a Spaniard.

The Minny players were likely jealous of his continued popularity in MN.

Can anyone explain all the cheap shots taken against Rubio?

One of the most inexplicable things I've seen in the NBA.

If it were jingles, I'd get it.
Nice guy who gives 100% effort at all times, and plays on a team full of agitators, wrong place wrong time. I think that gets under other players skin more then anything. Dealing with agitators then getting out played, out hustled by a nice guy is the worst, I know from experience.

Almost everybody I know with face tatts are either committed criminals or have a skill that makes them employable regardless of how they look. one dude I got chatting to down the pub was a deep sea commercial diver, working on oil rigs and ****.

Nice guy who gives 100% effort at all times, and plays on a team full of agitators, wrong place wrong time. I think that gets under other players skin more then anything. Dealing with agitators then getting out played, out hustled by a nice guy is the worst, I know from experience.

Get out hustled by nice dudes a lot?

It's about time we get back to the old school. I'm ok if elbows fly and when we stand our ground. It's exactly what we need.

I fully embrace the Jazz shift in philosophy from finesse to physical. I’d love to see them embody the 2004 Pistons underdog identity of stifling defense, physicality and intensity.

They still have to be able to score, but I’m hoping that Mitchell, Jingles and Rubio can provide the necessary punch there to be effective in the postseason.

I fully embrace the Jazz shift in philosophy from finesse to physical. I’d love to see them embody the 2004 Pistons underdog identity of stifling defense, physicality and intensity.

They still have to be able to score, but I’m hoping that Mitchell, Jingles and Rubio can provide the necessary punch there to be effective in the postseason.

I thought their offense was just fine. As far as the physicality those bad boy pistons couldn’t work in today’s wimpy nba. Bill Laimbeer would only play 50 games and be suspended the other thirty two. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought their offense was just fine. As far as the physicality those bad boy pistons couldn’t work in today’s wimpy nba. Bill Laimbeer would only play 50 games and be suspended the other thirty two. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So you are saying everyone in today's NBA has face tats?

I am hopeful that Crowder can up his game efficiency with a summer and training camp to really get into the offense. If he can just improve his percentages a bit (3-5% gain really), he will be extremely effective for us, as his defense is above average and his hustle is almost at Booker level.

His best season shooting-wise was his last full season in Boston when he averaged just under 40% on 3s on 5 attempts or so per game. If he can even get to 36-38% for us, that will be a huge gain (he shot just over 31% for us last season). I think he can get there, especially with the playmakers learning where he is most effective and him learning the spots in the offense. Give him more comfortable shots and his percentages should improve.

A Crowder shooting 40% from 3 would be a huge win for us.

I am hopeful that Crowder can up his game efficiency with a summer and training camp to really get into the offense. If he can just improve his percentages a bit (3-5% gain really), he will be extremely effective for us, as his defense is above average and his hustle is almost at Booker level.

His best season shooting-wise was his last full season in Boston when he averaged just under 40% on 3s on 5 attempts or so per game. If he can even get to 36-38% for us, that will be a huge gain (he shot just over 31% for us last season). I think he can get there, especially with the playmakers learning where he is most effective and him learning the spots in the offense. Give him more comfortable shots and his percentages should improve.

A Crowder shooting 40% from 3 would be a huge win for us.
Can definitely see him having a big year this year.

It's both lol, I don't judge people by their tats at all but if you tat your face I don't ever want to hear about how you can't get a good job
This. I try hard, as a senior manager, to eliminate biases in our hiring decisions. When I am screening resumes I have HR remove the names and identifying info and provide it to me in plain text, I require the same with my supervisors and managers who are screening resumes. We conduct interviews, depending on the role, in pairs usually, rather than individually, because I feel that helps us be more objective when you know your peer saw and heard the same thing you did in an interview and will have commentary on it (plus it speeds the process up and shows how a candidate can handle pressure, etc.). But I fully admit when I see a candidate that made it to the point he/she/zim/zer/zit/whatever is interviewing with me and they have facial and neck tats it is tough to stay objective. I know it is the stereotypes getting me, and I have signed off on hiring folks with face tats before, but it is tough not to immediately pigeon-hole someone.

(One of our best floor leads right now has a full neck and partial face set of tattoos. I asked him about it once when the subject came up in conversation, like what it meant to him and all that since many people are emotionally connected to their tats, and he shocked me when he said "I regret ever getting any of these, one of the worst decisions of my life". He said he did it when he was younger - he is in his late-30's now - and the were mostly meant for shock value, and he had to get some of the more obscene tats covered up to get jobs. I would be curious to know how many people that get neck and face tats end up regretting them later.)

And most managers I know don't go to the extremes I do to keep bias out of the mix. Many would admittedly just write someone like that off from the get-go.

I understand the whole "society needs to change their views and preconceptions" thing, and agree that we need to learn to look past that kind of stuff, but in the real world, where these biases still exist, strongly, people really need to think about what their choices are doing for their future. Plus, it can say something about how a person thinks about their job and career how they present themselves. Just like we tell people to dress a level above the job they want for an interview (i.e. if it is a warehouse worker job, dress in khakis and a nice shirt, if it is a supervisor job, dress in slacks and a shirt and tie, if it is a manager-level job or higher, always wear the suit), this isn't about being forced to conform, imo, it is about pragmatism in the face of reality to be able to provide for your family or personal needs.