What's new

An idea to split up the bigs minutes.

1st-6 minutes a piece
2nd- whichever 2 play the best get 8, others get 4
3rd- repeat.
4th- repeat.

Earn your minutes on a quarterly basis. Everyone gets at least 20 min. I know this could create some matchup problems but with 4 quality, starting capable bigs it's fair at least.

Or....

Trade Jefferdad

It would make them really compete throughout the whole game and not just compete against the other team but eachother as well

The players are always expected to compete during the whole game, regardless of how many or few minutes they get or when those minutes come.

The players are always expected to compete during the whole game, regardless of how many or few minutes they get or when those minutes come.

I think they would get more competitive and play harder if the knew they could get more minutes right away. Imagine how hard kanter would go every game. He would be an unstoppable rebounding machine.

I'm not gonna get bent if Kanter doesn't average more than 20 or 21 minutes a game (by the end of the year). I like the Spurs model of graduating certain players into more minutes only after they have demonstrated the ability to consistently contribute in the specific ways the coach wants them to contribute.

Favors defensive abilities have already graduated him beyond 20-21 minutes. He needs to consistently get 26-30.

The astute reader will already notice a math problem for the jazz.

(Millsap at SF or a trade is needed).

I am pretty sure the jazz are gonna shop millsap pretty hard until the deadline. I think that's why we got Marvin. He's pretty much what we need out of millsap. Big athletic 3 that can occasionally play the 4 in a small lineup. But I'm just saying this could help kanter and/or favors break out and get their deserved minutes right away. If they earn them, that is. And it can't piss off millsap and Jefferdad because if they don't earn them they won't get them. SE with favors and kanter. Everybody still gets at least 20 min.

I dont want players competing with each other during a game. I want them competing at practice. During the game they should be working together to beat the other team.

More minutes = more money. This would lead to higher competition within the team. Certainly. Although it has the potential to make Jefferson/Millsap look really, really bad. (Not really a bad thing if you ask me)